Thread: editing software for videoing hunts

Default editing software for videoing hunts

From time to time we all like to video our outing. I would like to start a discussion regarding video editing software. What has been everyone's experience good or bad with the various video editing software packages that are out there. I for one would like to find one that is relatively intiutive so I don't have to commit hours learning how to use it. The one that came with my cannon video camera is far from easy to use. I realize it is all relative to what a guy is looking for but I beleive it is fair to say that most of us tend to think simplier is better. I look forward to the input.

Check out this thread: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ng-Home-videos

Buy a mac and you will be way ahead in the long run. iMovie is very intuitive and the product is quite good.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Buy a mac and you will be way ahead in the long run. iMovie is very intuitive and the product is quite good.
    x2. If intuitive is what you're looking for, a Mac is the only way to go. Macs are more expensive than Windows machines at the start, but they come loaded with iMovie (among other programs), so it's really no more expensive in the long run. iMovie is super easy to use and makes a great product.

I like powerdirector cheap enough and does a great job for what I use it for http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...n_US.html?&r=1
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

iMovie on the mac is a great piece of software. All of my movies posted on Youtube are made with it. The whole mac software package works seamlessly. In iMovie you can search your photos, videos and music with one click of the mouse! Drag and drop and the movie begins to take shape.
    -JR
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gilliland440/videos

Default Roxio Creator

If you're stuck using windows, Roxio Creator is decent to use and isn't expensive. It isn't too tough - I would describe "too tough" as a person that has never edited a picture to fire up Adobe Photoshop for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    Check out this thread: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ng-Home-videos

X3..........
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Ive been happy with Windows movie maker for the last few months. Since I cant download my vids to my photobucket on sukky internet, Ive been just smooting a few hunting vids down with music

The Pentax camras have been quite the tough little movers and do'ers.......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Ive been happy with Windows movie maker for the last few months. Since I cant download my vids to my photobucket on sukky internet, Ive been just smooting a few hunting vids down with music

The Pentax camras have been quite the tough little movers and do'ers.......

What PENTAX cameras do you have? This may be the year for me to get a new camera.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Pentax 12.1mp Optio ?06M or is it W90? ~~~LOL!!~~~ green and black.

I got 2 of 'em in trade from a forum member, and quite honestly it has out lived every camera I have made vid with. I traded for two, got all accessories and spare batteries, and they take pictures in -61, using hand warmer heat packs inna caribou skin bag and two cameras, they warn you when they are etting cold and you can switch cameras to a hot pocket quickly and with no fogging
    We take em' on snow machines, Hunting, fishing, boating , walking and as common in my pocket as a knife, bullets and my wallet. It takes clear unfogged vids and pictures underwater, in bright sunshine on snow (BRIGHT!!) and still work , my kids and myself litterally put them im our pockets and go.

The final vid is a smile maker for me.

This wasa its performance in bright sunlight on snow, far far better than any other camera Ive used, as well as the fact that it still works, Im just hooked.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

I have been using a software program called TrakAx PC Pro. It is very easy to learn to use as they provide video tutorials on how to do various edits. It is only $24.95 which is unbelievable as this software has the feel of a high end product. http://www.trakax.com/

I too would like to get a mac eventually, but in the mean time this piece of software is ideal.

Check out a couple of videos that I made using this software on my website: Alaskaoutdoorsmen.com Then click on the video link.

Macs are definately the way to go. I just thought of mine as an investment just like a camera or new rifle. Made it a little easier to fork over the money.

Default hunting equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Mavsmuk View Post
    Macs are definately the way to go. I just thought of mine as an investment just like a camera or new rifle. Made it a little easier to fork over the money.
    Aha! It's "hunting equipment". Well that solves it.... Buy, buy, buy!

yea that way i can relive those memories and it also helps with researching hunts on these forums. Or at least that is what i like to tell myself so i can justify it other than just a toy.