Thread: Homer area and Harbor pictures

Default Homer area and Harbor pictures

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

I had this posted in another thread and it stopped working. Hope it works here. Pictures of the harbor are towards the end of the slide show.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I've only ever seen Homer in the summer. Thanks for posting! Snow much? We only have a third(or 1/4) that much in Fairbanks and seems like a heavy snow year here.... Just right if ya ask me!
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

I think I would be out drilling holes in that harbor.

How did you make out with the boat repairs Dan?
    She all ship shape now?

The boat repair thing is a very sore subject. The boat is still waiting on the fiber glass guy to fix the poor job that was done by the man that re powered my boat back in 2006. This new fiber glass work was to be done over 4 months ago. Boat is sitting in Homer with 3' of snow on it, with engine/out drive pulled. The problem was a poor fiber glass job on the transom where the out diver mounts to the transom. It had developed a slow leak into the bilge. I guess that I'm going to have to get hold of some one and rattle their cage and make sure it is done for launch time in the spring.

"I guess that I'm going to have to get hold of some one and rattle their cage and make sure it is done for launch time in the spring."

Boy, If its that guy who has that boat/prop shop just across the slough in Homer as you head out for the spit, I'ld suggest you rattle his cage every day or you'll never get your boat done. I had a few props for him to do last year and I had to give up on him. Bought a couple new ones and went back about 6 wks later to retrieve one of the 3 I gave him to fix.
    Your sarcasm is way, waaaayyyyyyyy more sarcastic than mine!

No my boat mechanic is In Demand Marine and they have done me a great job and I would highly recommend them. The problem is a man that is to do the fiberglass work that is not connected to In Demand.

Dan, thanks for putting up the pics. Looks a mite frosty. Hang in there, soft water's commin'.

- Jay