Thread: Help With Finding Old Boat

Default Help With Finding Old Boat

Back in the late '60's, early '70's my dad had a 19' cabin cruiser, and I recently found an old photo of it. In the photo I can read the "AK" number on the bow. My question: is there some way to research that AK number and find out where the boat is now (if it even exists anymore), and who the current owner might be? (sentimental reasons)

Thank you!
    Marshall/Ak
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

The DMV can answer your question. My guess is no. They don't hand out the info they used to.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

You might be able to ask someone at DMV. I would try at a small town office, they might be more helpful. They won't tell you who owns it, but may be convinced to tell you if the AK is still being renewed and if so what city.
    Casey
    Yamaha Dealer
    Petersburg, AK

What you need to do is a request for research at the DMV. That will give you the last known owner of the boat. It will cost you $10 and might take a week or more, but you will get copies of all the info the DMV has on that AK number.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk
    2007 Kingfisher 2825 - Stor Fisk

Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top. -- Hunter S. Thompson

Thanks guys! Think I will try JR2's idea request research at DMV. Most I stand to lose is only $10, and I might actually find it!
    "I love my country...it's the government I'm scared of"

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall/Ak View Post
    Back in the late '60's, early '70's my dad had a 19' cabin cruiser, and I recently found an old photo of it. In the photo I can read the "AK" number on the bow. My question: is there some way to research that AK number and find out where the boat is now (if it even exists anymore), and who the current owner might be? (sentimental reasons)

Thank you!
    Marshall/Ak
    Marshall/AK I don't know who (if any) was responsible for registering boats in the 60's here in Alaska.. the Small Boat Safety acty of 1972 put the US Coast Guard in control of boat registration in AK... The State DMV only took over the boat registration in recent years.. Like about 2000. You might call the USCG people in Anchorage and inquire as to where their records would be stored..