Thread: Fishing guide convicted

Default Fishing guide convicted

A Valley guide was convicted of fishing illegally with clients. http://www.frontiersman.com/news/gui...9bb2963f4.html

Apparently he was unaware that the little creek he was fishing in, which runs out of the woods and into the Talkeetna, was actually still the same creek. He claimed that once the creek took a left hook into a larger, mainly dry creek bed, that it was now Clear Creek. yeah, the jury didn't buy it, either.

Once upon a time, it actually did flow into Clear Creek first, then into the Talkeetna. But that portion of the Clear Creek channel is very obviously dry. It makes a great path for accessing the upriver portion of Clear Creek. The only water in there now is Fish Creek.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post
    Do you really think that blog was composed by the guide in question? The verbiage doesn't sound like his, and it's in third person narrative. It reads more like something his defense attorney would produce... Certainly, if the guide in question was intelligent enough to construct such a detailed storyboard in his own defense, he is intelligent enough to have known where he was fishing, and that he was clearly in violation in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by willphish4food View Post
    ...yeah, the jury didn't buy it, either.
    There you go.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense. Guides have a professional duty to know where they are and what the rules are.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaHippie View Post

This link is blocked by my firewall saying it has conficker.worm virus. Just a heads up...
    I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

Got the same warning from my office computer. I just closed the tab... hopefully without incident. Always freaks me out to see stuff like that... esp when it comes to my business.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    Got the same warning from my office computer. I just closed the tab... hopefully without incident...
    Isn't that sort akin to turning off the viewer when the doc starts to point at something insidious on your x-ray?
    I appreciate my Mac more everyday...
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Results of the sentencing are out:

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/jud...a4bcf887a.html

Well dont do the crime if you cant do the time!

RB is a piece of sh*t that has no business raping and pillaging the Valley streams ever again! Rant over