Thread: harring spawn yet

Default harring spawn yet

any one in south east seen or herd of any harring spawning yet.there startingshow up in craig but no spawning yet...

Sorry, no help on the herring, just wondering if any kings are being caught in the Craig area? thanks.

didn't they have a couple openers for the sitka sound sac roe fishery last week? It seems they are sapwning there.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

the troolers are catching a few kings. nothing to right home about though.I went out to noyes island yesterday didnt look verry fishy.tryed a couple spots and went and jiged up a few herring in front of town.ran a cut plug arouned the herrin schools didnt fined any kings there ether.

Not much for spawn, all the locals have their hemlock branches still waiting for that to occur...

The commercial fleet had it's 3rd opener today (remember, they like the roe still in the fish) but it was first extended for time, then boundaries, because the catch wasn't that good. Not sure of the final amount caught today...

what do the hemlock branches do? Man there are some awesome mountains in sitka, I"ll have to get over there sometime

Default the herring spawn on them

The herring use them to spawn, the eggs are sticky and attach to the branches that are submerged in the water, then the locals collect them.

By the way does anyone know if the hooligan will be in the kenai river by May 19-20th? or any where in southcentral or the kenai?

Quote Originally Posted by akfishfool View Post
    The herring use them to spawn, the eggs are sticky and attach to the branches that are submerged in the water, then the locals collect them.

By the way does anyone know if the hooligan will be in the kenai river by May 19-20th? or any where in southcentral or the kenai?
    cool! There should be hooligan running for sure!