Thread: Empty Your Pockets

Default Empty Your Pockets

I just wanted to share a hard lesson learned this weekend. I never gave much thought to what was in my pockets when heading out on a snowmachine. But long story short, this weekend I was riding and was thrown off my machine landing on a plowed area chest first. Normally this would have been a get up and shake it off situation, and go. But with my motorola flip phone ( i know i know "stupid phone") in my front pocket of my shirt it wasn't quite that simple. I landed square on that phone and it broke one of my ribs. Now it will be a while before I can pull start a sled let alone ride one. Just something to think about when heading out. Might save you some unnecessary pain.

Tek vest I don't ride without it! Just as important as your helmet!!

I no longer carry my wallet in my hip pocket since it often hits the throttle at the worst times.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

kidney punched my self years ago. with a sport drink in the side pocket of a fannypack after getting tossed off.

as for empty pockets... sorta not related.. but anyone that welds... lose the bic lighters from your shirt pocket. lost a friend while fixing his trailer... spark went in... blew big hole in him.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

That ball point pen in your shirt under your seatbelt will get you too.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I would have thought that people had already emptied their pocket when they bought that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post
    I would have thought that people had already emptied their pocket when they bought that machine.
    That's pretty funny but fortunately not completely so as I have been experiencing a continuous drain ever since buying the sled.

The price we pay.
    If anything is going to happen, it'll happen out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sayak View Post

Just like boats and track vehicles!

man it just goes to show, no matter how safe we try to be murphys law will find us!!! lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212