Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers appreciated!

Default Prayers appreciated!

Leaving for Galena for a week tomorrow, On a mission trip, hoping to get some trapping and ptarmy hunting in, but we are there to be with the kids at GILA, and cut wood and paint and other such things. if ya could keep us in your prayers that would be great. this is about the time of year that suicides start happening. I went to the doctor today and found out that I have a hernia and an extra disk in my back which is why my back always hurts...that could be interesting while hauling logs outta the woods.....so, if it comes to your mind, there are some good thinks going on there. talk to ya after the 15th!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Supporting Member

Prayers headed your way. Have a good trip.

My prayers are with you and hope you enjoy the trip! Get home and get healed up.

Prayers sent. Take care of yourself. And lift with you legs

FFG, if you are saying you have a herniated disc in your back then lifting anything is the wrong thing to do for a few "weeks"!
    There are many of us that thought we were young and invincible at your age and could work our way thru any challenge - we were all wrong! Rest that back, ice it down - do some exercises your Dr or a chiropractor or best a physical therapist recommends for the location of your bad disc. Trust me it will pay dividends later in life if you take better care now...
    Best of luck and you have my prayers for sure!
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I've got to agree with the old man hindsight thing. If I had thought about getting older, I have a wrist I wouldn't have trashed as much cod fishing at your age...

Tell your mission team that you need to supervise this time so you can be available for future endeavors. My son pushed his back too far at your age and is still paying the price in his 30s.

I know you have great intentions but dont ruin the rest of your life for this! Once you mess your back up it is NEVER the same. No matter how young you are. You would be very wise and Im sure your mission would understand to skip out on this one or just go for moral support.
    My .02
    Tomorrow isn't promised. "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey." E. Hemingway

Shouldn't you be in school???

I have a hernia in my gut, a extra disk in my back. I cot wood one day and lifted more than I should have and that didn't go over well. spend the rest of the time painting and such things that won't kill me, then we started logging thursday and I lasted almost all day then I was lifting a green 10 foot log to stick in in the sled and I felt my hernia pop back out, so I finished loading the sled and then took that load back, took the machine back, the other guys leaded it except for a couple other small logs and then I quit for the rest of the trip. I'm having surgery soon
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    Shouldn't you be in school???
    I'm homeschooled.....and because I've lived on a farm for basically my hole life, I am not used to native girls....they are...uh....foreward....HaHa

An education is the most important thing I don't give a crap
    What these guys say get a good education go to college!

uhh. I don't do that much in the winter.....I will be done with school in december then next winter I'm going to GILA to get my mechanic license.....

and the thing with my back apparently isn't something I did to it, it will just always hurt came everything is crammed in there

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I'm homeschooled.....and because I've lived on a farm for basically my hole life, I am not used to native girls....they are...uh....foreward....HaHa
    I'm Married to a Navajo gal so watch out! lol native girls are ok n my books. Mine has a bachelor degree and is a GS 11 hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    I'm Married to a Navajo gal so watch out! lol native girls are ok n my books. Mine has a bachelor degree and is a GS 11 hell yeah
    Ya, there are some natives that aren't real purdy and some are annoying about like white girls, but I did meet one...... Dude, I'm homeschooled, I don't know what GS 11 is.....

She is govt employee thats all u need to know..... Let's just say she makes a good salary....

Shoreeee thang

All my prayers are with you!

I posted a update part way throughout the trip on the Facebook group.....it has more details....Ohhh, I shot some ptarmigan....that was fun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast