Thread: Trapping a fox

Default Trapping a fox

There is a fox in my area that trots down a certain trail alot i see his tracks almost every morning i would like to catch him but i don't want to set to close to the trail because it is occasionally used by walkers and dogs how can i get him into my trap if I'm setting a good ways off the trail????

How about a sign with an ARROW ? LOL

i would be helpful to you if there was a creek or river bed near this trail. just be carefull where you set. try small legholds if your worried about dogs. snares would not be a good choice...
    “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” - (Aldo Leopold)

Buck,
    I would personally use a leghold at a scent post using red fox gland lure! This is the right time to do it and you could make a set on either side of the trail so that any wind will get the scent to him. Just my 2 cents.

David

If there are dogs you will catch them. Fox are K9's, just remember that. Best set IMO would be a snow hole/scent post set just off of the trail. If you can get some fresh black dirt and toss out in front of the hole its even better.

You can also follow some of the bunny trails back or side trail the foxes tracks back to an area that isn't as traveled by people and set it. You do want to set just off of the trail.

Good luck!

walk down the trail till you find where it departs and set that.