Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A.C.s don't have a say?

Default A.C.s don't have a say?

www.newsminer.com this morning.

Will be interesting to see how this works out.

It is obviously time to dismantle the whole command structure at Fish and Game....get rid of everyone on the BOG....dump all the members of the good old boy club....cut out guides controlling BOG policy...The citizens of Alaska need to control this whole process, not the people making money off this corrupt system.....

Thumbs down A joke . . .

I sat for two years of a three-year term as secretary on the Kenai/Soldotna ADF&G Advisory Committee before resigning in disgust. From where I sit, the ACs are a joke, a c****e-j**k, nothing more.

Got lots better ways to waste my time.

My two-cents worth . . .

I do set on the fairbanks AC and I have to say we never blackmailed the board of game but we have A member of our AC that went to the board of game And back doored the rest of us on the AC, Just because we don't think the way he does. I guess we are not suppose to think for our selfs our bring up what we see in the feild when we were hunting to feed our families.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by skip olsen View Post
    I do set on the fairbanks AC and I have to say we never blackmailed the board of game but we have A member of our AC that went to the board of game And back doored the rest of us on the AC, Just because we don't think the way he does. I guess we are not suppose to think for our selfs our bring up what we see in the feild when we were hunting to feed our families.
    Now skip... you may not have blackmailed the BOG.. but this entire goat rope you guys got going on, is because there's a Group of folks yelling RESORCE.. when they want NIMBY... problem is.. the two guys running it all, admitted... THEY WANT antlerless hunt STOPPED in 20B because they bring folks from Mat su and soldotna up here to hunt... ain't got **** all to do with not killing cows.. and to many on the AC scream and yell when they don't like the science presented to them.. because its NOT what they want...

and the " well our constituency wants..." HUMMMM>>> your guys constituency is more then the 100 people that showed up at the election with no idea why they were there... except to vote for the list of names they were handed...

you constituency also consists of the few hundred that showed up at pikes, the more hundred that wrote ADFG in support and the Thousands that don't have a frigging clue who you, or the AC is in the first place...

i have been saying from the start.. and got on the anch, and MAtsu AC's 3 years ago.. for special interest group agendas... last time the AC tried to black mail over potlatch moose.. REsource managment... not what you think others should do ...

and then to try and lay addtional restrictions like no hunting cooridoors? one one user group? gimme a break, thats simply LOOKING OUT FOR YOU!!!!!!!! no cow hunts along the trail.. so i can see a bull... IS FRIGGING BULL!...

take some time and read title 8 of our constitution... and remember.. there were a bunch of your ac, and a bunch of us NOT on the AC who spent a bunch of time and personal funds so that YOU , ME> him over there,> AND THEIR NEIGHBOR.. could travel from Fairbanks and hunt caribou, dip net, fish... etc...

how would you as an Alaskan feel if you went fishing this summer and found out some guy convinced the ac to stop it... cause he didn't like you " NON-LOCALS showing up in his back yard???

The requirement is that the dept must recommend it.. and the ac must approve the recommendation.. however... NOT LIKING the BIO is not on the list...

half that AC has been in the back of the plane counting them moose with the bios... INCLUDING myself as a member of the public... but sure seems that when one or two guys show up at a meeting... a bunch of your ac... suddenly become PLACE HOLDERS...

think for yourselves? shoot over half that AC, is a PUPPET NOW!

like i said... I HOPE you guys do vote it down. there's enough on record to ensure the legislator looks at it again.

AGAIN>>> this entire issues is becasue... some folks DO NOT LIKE OTHERS HUNTING THE SALCHA RIVER>>> they want to protect their SPOTS...

Section 8.1 - Statement of Policy.
    It is the policy of the State to encourage the settlement of its land and the development of its resources by making them available for maximum use consistent with the public interest.
    Section 8.2 - General Authority.
    The legislature shall provide for the utilization, development, and conservation of all natural resources belonging to the State, including land and waters, for the maximum benefit of its people.
    Section 8.3 - Common Use.
    Wherever occurring in their natural state, fish, wildlife, and waters are reserved to the people for common use.
    Section 8.4 - Sustained Yield.
    Fish, forests, wildlife, grasslands, and all other replenishable resources belonging to the State shall be utilized, developed, and maintained on the sustained yield principle, subject to preferences among beneficial uses.
    Section 8.5 - Facilities and Improvements.
    The legislature may provide for facilities, improvements, and services to assure greater utilization, development, reclamation, and settlement of lands, and to assure fuller utilization and development of the fisheries, wildlife, and waters.
    Section 8.6 - State Public Domain.
    Lands and interests therein, including submerged and tidal lands, possessed or acquired by the State, and not used or intended exclusively for governmental purposes, constitute the state public domain. The legislature shall provide for the selection of lands granted to the State by the United States, and for the administration of the state public domain.
    Section 8.7 - Special Purpose Sites.
    The legislature may provide for the acquisition of sites, objects, and areas of natural beauty or of historic, cultural, recreational, or scientific value. It may reserve them from the public domain and provide for their administration and preservation for the use, enjoyment, and welfare of the people.
    Section 8.8 - Leases.
    The legislature may provide for the leasing of, and the issuance of permits for exploration of, any part of the public domain or interest therein, subject to reasonable concurrent uses. Leases and permits shall provide, among other conditions, for payment by the party at fault for damage or injury arising from noncompliance with terms governing concurrent use, and for forfeiture in the event of breach of conditions.
    Section 8.9 - Sales and Grants.
    Subject to the provisions of this section, the legislature may provide for the sale or grant of state lands, or interests therein, and establish sales procedures. All sales or grants shall contain such reservations to the State of all resources as may be required by Congress or the State and shall provide for access to these resources. Reservation of access shall not unnecessarily impair the owners' use, prevent the control of trespass, or preclude compensation for damages.
    Section 8.10 - Public Notice.
    No disposals or leases of state lands, or interests therein, shall be made without prior public notice and other safeguards of the public interest as may be prescribed by law.
    Section 8.11 - Mineral Rights.
    Discovery and appropriation shall be the basis for establishing a right in those minerals reserved to the State which, upon the date of ratification of this constitution by the people of Alaska, were subject to location under the federal mining laws. Prior discovery, location, and filing, as prescribed by law, shall establish a prior right to these minerals and also a prior right to permits, leases, and transferable licenses for their extraction. Continuation of these rights shall depend upon the performance of annual labor, or the payment of fees, rents, or royalties, or upon other requirements as may be prescribed by law. Surface uses of land by a mineral claimant shall be limited to those necessary for the extraction or basic processing of the mineral deposits, or for both. Discovery and appropriation shall initiate a right, subject to further requirements of law, to patent of mineral lands if authorized by the State and not prohibited by Congress. The provisions of this section shall apply to all other minerals reserved to the State which by law are declared subject to appropriation.
    Section 8.12 - Mineral Leases and Permits.
    The legislature shall provide for the issuance, types and terms of leases for coal, oil, gas, oil shale, sodium, phosphate, potash, sulfur, pumice, and other minerals as may be prescribed by law. Leases and permits giving the exclusive right of exploration for these minerals for specific periods and areas, subject to reasonable concurrent exploration as to different classes of minerals, may be authorized by law. Like leases and permits giving the exclusive right of prospecting by geophysical, geochemical, and similar methods for all minerals may also be authorized by law.
    Section 8.13 - Water Rights.
    All surface and subsurface waters reserved to the people for common use, except mineral and medicinal waters, are subject to appropriation. Priority of appropriation shall give prior right. Except for public water supply, an appropriation of water shall be limited to stated purposes and subject to preferences among beneficial uses, concurrent or otherwise, as prescribed by law, and to the general reservation of fish and wildlife.
    Section 8.14 - Access to Navigable Waters.
    Free access to the navigable or public waters of the State, as defined by the legislature, shall not be denied any citizen of the United States or resident of the State, except that the legislature may by general law regulate and limit such access for other beneficial uses or public purposes.
    Section 8.15 - No Exclusive Right of Fishery.
    No exclusive right or special privilege of fishery shall be created or authorized in the natural waters of the State. This section does not restrict the power of the State to limit entry into any fishery for purposes of resource conservation, to prevent economic distress among fishermen and those dependent upon them for a livelihood and to promote the efficient development of aquaculture in the State.
    Section 8.16 - Protection of Rights.
    No person shall be involuntarily divested of his right to the use of waters, his interests in lands, or improvements affecting either, except for a superior beneficial use or public purpose and then only with just compensation and by operation of law.
    Section 8.17 - Uniform Application.
    Laws and regulations governing the use or disposal of natural resources shall apply equally to all persons similarly situated with reference to the subject matter and purpose to be served by the law or regulation.
    Section 8.18 - Private Ways of Necessity.
    Proceedings in eminent domain may be undertaken for private ways of necessity to permit essential access for extraction or utilization of resources. Just compensation shall be made for property taken or for resultant damages to other property rights.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

AND IF ANYONE MISSED IT.. THAT BIGAS QUOTE IN MY LAST POST IS TITLE 8 OF THE STATE OF ALASKA CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!! The one that says all Alaskans; Not just the ones with extended back yards
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thread, short as it is and reading like a soap opera (caps, language structure, et al), is enough to discourage darned near anyone preferring civil debate from participating - same level of behaviors as existed the last time I had the thought of perhaps giving AC participation a whirl.
    Phooey.

Quote Originally Posted by 68 Bronco View Post
    Thread, short as it is and reading like a soap opera (caps, language structure, et al), is enough to discourage darned near anyone preferring civil debate from participating - same level of behaviors as existed the last time I had the thought of perhaps giving AC participation a whirl.
    Phooey.
    sorry if you dont like it... i only have use of one hand. so oh well

meet on face book here

How much respect does a committee that has a convicted sex offender on it deserve? The Anchorage meeting is almost as dirty as the monkeys throwing poo at the zoo. Not to mention the whole militia crap that come up last election.

earl. you can let that one go... as i understand he has quit all them committess and groups.

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineEarl View Post
    How much respect does a committee that has a convicted sex offender on it deserve? The Anchorage meeting is almost as dirty as the monkeys throwing poo at the zoo. Not to mention the whole militia crap that come up last election.
    I'm shocked Earl! It would seem that you are implying that sex offenders, militia nuts, and spoiled rich kids should NOT have the ability to veto management recommendations made by field biologists(?). You've got a lot of gall, that's all I can say! I'm shocked!...simply shocked!
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

I guess I'm confussed.

The A.C.s have benn around for 30 years and this all of a sudden comes up? Are there that many loopholes in the system?

Face it all , there are people on all comitties that don't agree with each other, whether its the girl/boy scouts, to the running a city. but that is one of the reasons we have these groups so as to get as much info from differant views. You take that away and you will have one major powerhouse dictating your everymove.

( lol kinda tough keeping up with one hand is'nt it Vince,? lol.) ( the one two finger plucking is the most frustration )

Advisory committees are just that. They don't make or dictate policy, they just think they do because over the past 10 years or so the AC's have enjoyed greater influence than the general public. But that's another issue.

The BOG is no more beholden to the ACs than they are any other group or person who submits a proposal. Maybe some pro-AC folks have deluded themselves into the belief that the BOG is required to heed their wishes.

In my experience the ACs primarily represent the wishes and preferences of the people on the AC in question.

Now, if you don't like the direction the Board is going and you want to change that then may I suggest you start going to church with a guy named Sean Parnell. Changepoint; just off Minnesota. Bring your checkbook.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_skipper View Post
    ....the reasons we have these groups so as to get as much info from different views....
    Gathering input from differing perspectives is one thing (good); tiny groups of individuals having the ability to override sound management decisions, based on nothing more than their unique perspective and personal beliefs is another thing (bad).
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Erik, why do we have the ACs?

A clue, this state is huge.

Are you willing to put the state into the hands of just the BOG with no feedback?

IO how do you interpert a person that has lived here for over 30 years or more and hunted the land to be any less educated than a person in a school room?

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    sorry if you dont like it... i only have use of one hand. so oh well
    I am thinking it matters not how many hands.
    Sorry to hear you have use of only one, however as that really does effect daily activities - but surely not the choices made in communication approaches.
    I'll exit here and hope the discussion somehow has some good and conclusive purpose.

It is my understanding that the AC members are voted in from the public to be a cross section of the local community. Just like the legislature. If certain factions don't get involved in the process, they loose their chance for a vote. Just like the person that didn't go to the polls and still complaigns about the outcome and who got into office in politics. The AC's advise on local sentiments and local fish and Game issues like submitted proposals but they don't make policy, per say.
    Heck, I don't go to hunt to Fairbanks, I do mine locally, per choice. If they put out a 1000 moose tags a year, everybody should be able to access the resource, not just a certain group based on your religion, where you live or whatever. Gosh, I remember typing something like this here weeks ago. Equal chance for all
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I probably should add that I don't know the local politics or players up there when it comes down to the local moose hunts. I just concentrate on knowing the facts in my local area. I also don't keep track on what is happening in Nome, not my area, not my concern.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Read the news Whop, lol The www.newsminer.com has a story about the antlerless moose and (or last month)
    just now brought up a loophole, so after 30 years they can tell you to stick it regardless what you think. Unless the majority lives in the area (20A) nobody has a say other than the BOG. Fairbanks, 20B---Delta, 20D, Minto and Nenena will have a voice but they are going to get run over just like Delta would and has.

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Heck, I don't go to hunt to Fairbanks, I do mine locally, per choice. If they put out a 1000 moose tags a year, everybody should be able to access the resource, not just a certain group based on your religion, where you live or whatever. Gosh, I remember typing something like this here weeks ago. Equal chance for all
    Do you think non residents should have the same equal chance? How about aliens (residents of other countries)? If not - why?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast