Thread: Center for Biological Diversity and endangered species coming soon to Alaska??

Angry Center for Biological Diversity and endangered species coming soon to Alaska??

I recently attended the Alaska Outdoor Councils business meeting in Juneau. One of the current events that was discussed was the CBD's federal lawsuit that seeks to enlist 757 species on the endangered species list over the next decade. amongst the critters was the american wolverine, which according to their "science" and facts, is overtrapped and chased by snowmobiles. I'd post the link, but am technically challenged. It is on the Center for Biological Diversitys website under 757 species on the main page. This is huge folks !! the implications are enormous. These folks are crazy!!!! What are they thinking....I thougth it interesting there was a link about how the earth is overpopulated and ways we can help that. Any common sense alaskan knows how we can help that cause out. the organization has a ton of money and resources to get what they want. they sue Fish and Wildlife to get what they want, using their mis construed facts and scientific methods. SO...what to do....I will contact my us senators and let them know this backdoor takeover of our resources is not the voice of this Alaskan!!

Quote Originally Posted by rosscoak View Post
    I thougth it interesting there was a link about how the earth is overpopulated and ways we can help that. Any common sense alaskan knows how we can help that cause out.
    what exactly do you mean by this?

and, How is this a "backdoor" takeover?

Do you have any data that suggest that the wolverine is not over-trapped, or is it just your seat of the pants opinion? (I'm not saying that wolverines are or aren't threatened, but discussing facts is nice)

Quote Originally Posted by rosscoak View Post
    I recently attended the Alaska Outdoor Councils business meeting in Juneau. These folks are crazy!!!! What are they thinking.... Any common sense alaskan knows how we can help that cause out. the organization has a ton of money and resources to get what they want. they use their mis construed facts and scientific methods. SO...what to do....I will contact my us senators and let them know this backdoor takeover of our resources is not the voice of this Alaskan!!
    I fixed the statement for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpineEarl View Post
    I fixed the statement for ya.
    +1 LMAO! "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to AlpineEarl again."
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

rosscoak, thanks for the info, but I don't think this is that big a deal for Alaska. What else though came up at the AOC business meeting that we should know about?

Bushrat,

First off I believe it is against the forum rules for what alpineearl did to MY comment and I'd appreciate it if the moderators dealt with this issue, secondly, the AOC spends alot of time and resources defending and keeping alaskan lands and resources accessible and available for user groups like many folks on this forum. so it sounds very anti-outdoor from my perspective that such comments are made about a non profit org that does alot for the people and resources of this state. They have a lobbyist who gave a report of noteable legislation. I was thoroughly impressed with the number of groups that belong to the AOC and also with the organization itself. bushrat, i'll pm you with details since some folks don;t like to play nice in the management forums.

Jesse

Another case of outsiders wanting to tell us how to manage our resources. They look at Alaska as a colony instead of a state. They feel they own us, and know what is best for us.
    Gun Control means hitting your target.
    "Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley
    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"