Thread: i need a couple volunteer hole drillers - need Finger Lake intel...

Thumbs up i need a couple volunteer hole drillers - need Finger Lake intel...

i was wondering if anybody would like to donate their time for one day, February 25th - Finger Lake, to help drill holes for kids and their families. Finger lake is a bit larger than what im used to covering, and i foresee needing a couple more drillers on the lake. my drillers are gonna be spread out pretty wide. hole drilling is very important to the success of this derby. we have a lot of single parents out there who will show up with absolutely nothing as it is their opportunity to take their kids ice fishing. we had 328 kids fishing last year!!!

also... not one single shred of intel for Finger Lake??? Please help me out to put a Make A Wish kid in a good spot! i have everything for them but where do i put them?

thanks guys and gals!

I'm in, just need to know the time and ill be there. Don't have a lot of knowledge on this lake but have a buddy who would know more. I will contact him about helping as well.

Tom

Preed,
    West side of the island off the public launch is popular.
    Another is all the way down the lake on the west end.
    Look for holes (there’s lots) that have been drilled lately and punch yours in that area.
    Nice of you to do this for everybody!
    BK

I'll be there to help drill holes, no problem. See you then.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

thanks a lot guys! i have a feeling its going to be busy day. we have broke attendance records every year we have done this and more people are talking about the event than ever before. i dont think we will just break our record this year... i think we are gonna smash it!!!

if anybody wants to help us out please contact me @ 715-4438

if you would like to be a volunteer hole driller just meet me at the Palmer Elks Lodge February 25th @ 7:30am. the best way to be effective is to have A) a dependable auger B) a snow machine or 4 wheeler with trailer to pull around with ya C) a small notebook and pencil in your pocket D) a tape measure E) an orange vest for visibilty reasons if you have one, im also trying to secure some.

Thanks again!!!
    Paul

Preed -

I cant help, because I live in Glennallen, but I wanted to thank-you for putting on such a great event for kids. I do a smaller event out here in mid-March. I wonder if Make a Wish kid would be interested in coming out to the Copper Basin in mid March, we fish on a lake with some big rainbows.

Tim

Well, if you go straight out from the spot where you come onto the lake, you can see that island straight off in the distance. The back side of that island, about 20 yards off shore, has always been a producer of lots of salmon and big Char. Very popular spot. Always done well there.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

PM sent.
    "If your not the lead dog.... the view never changes"

Default Picture of Jewel Lake this week

Here's the hole (sorry, couldn't resist) story:
    http://www.adn.com/2012/02/07/230490...ewel-lake.html

thats awesome!

just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to a few people here who in fact did come out to help at Gettin Jiggy. one of the benefits i get out of hosting this derby is getting to meet some pretty fantastic people and you guys DEFINATELY fall into that catagory!!!!!!!!!!