Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Need late 90's Polaris wide trak partsp

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    282

    Default Need late 90's Polaris wide trak partsp

    Does anyone know of someone that might happen to have an older wide trak sitting around that can be salvaged for parts? First trip of the winter to the cabin resulted in a blown transmission, and apparently you cannot get most of the parts needed to fix it. Online searches aren't coming up with much

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Does anyone know of someone that might happen to have an older wide trak sitting around that can be salvaged for parts? First trip of the winter to the cabin resulted in a blown transmission, and apparently you cannot get most of the parts needed to fix it. Online searches aren't coming up with much
    Put a ad on Craigslist in the rv and the wanted section . there are some of those parts floating around. Good Luck

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alexander Creek
    Posts
    1,196

    Default

    I have a neighbor with a couple in his back yard. I'll call him tommorow and ask him about the transmissons.

  4. #4

    Default

    You should check out the cross-reference materials on the transmissions. Several models were produced and they were also used on bikes, which could be another source of supply to check out. I am sure you have likely already diagnosed the problems but....the splined coupling between the cross-shaft and the transmission was designed to break/shear prior to damaging the transmission. Be sure to check out that coupling.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member SusitnaAk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ANCHORAGE
    Posts
    785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Does anyone know of someone that might happen to have an older wide trak sitting around that can be salvaged for parts? First trip of the winter to the cabin resulted in a blown transmission, and apparently you cannot get most of the parts needed to fix it. Online searches aren't coming up with much
    I have good luck with these guy,s I have gotten some stuff that dealer up here said that i couldn,t and alot cheaper on stuff they did have, Stealerships up here just seem to want to sell new, And once get your money Not much help from there on, There is a few good guy,s but hard to find them,
    http://216.37.204.206/wps/showmodel....ke=polarissnow
    http://www.polarispartshouse.com/
    http://www.ronniesmailorder.com/default.asp
    http://www.partspitstop.com/pages/ContactUs

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •