I got frustrated with the diffusers on the Shooting Chrony getting blown off with muzzle blast from my magnum rifles even when I placed it out 9 feet from the muzzle. So I came up with a quick fix. I simply cut a thread sufficiently deep on the wire rods with a M4 x 7 die and ran a stopper nut down to the bottom using a wing nut to keep the whole set-up captive. It required drilling a small hole through the plastic diffuser to accommodate the rod insertion through the diffuser itself. The whole system is easy to set-up and take down at the range and completely eliminated my problem. For those of you who may have experienced similar issues this may work for you as well. I also made a more permanent fix to the brass sleeve. Because I can only attach two files to this post I'll simply say that I drilled a small hole through the brass sleeve while the wire rod was inserted and put a small cotter pin through it to keep it all captive.