Thread: Make the pledge.... TAKE SOMEONE FISHING!

Default Make the pledge.... TAKE SOMEONE FISHING!

If you look back in time, chances are most everyone here had a special mentor that introduced us to fishing. Father, grandfather, brother, friend, neighbor, teacher, you name it. Without them, we probably would have never been bitten by the fishing bug.

Your own evolution as an angler comes full circle when you take the time to pass the torch to a newcomer to the sport, especially young people. There's nothing more satisfying than bringing a young person up the ranks of the fishing fraternity, to see their skills and passion for this piscatorial pursuit grow over the years.

Make the pledge..... and just do it!

http://www.adfg.alaska.gov/index.cfm...ucation.legacy
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Doc:

Great idea for a post- I just signed the pledge and plan to take a couple of newbies out for trout/grayling/salmon as soon as possible. Thanks for the reminder that some of us may have forgotten- we all need a mentor.
    BEE

i like introducing people to ice fishing. i find they often discount the idea because of the cold, but a little shelter and a good bite and they're hooked.

i pledge to take over 300 kids ice fishing this year and im going to do it in 1 day!!!

wish me luck... laughing!!!

BUMP....

Days are gettin' longer and hopefully warmer. Anybody else smell fish yet?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

I'm only 55 years young, who wants to turn me on to sports fishing?
    Please, somebody take this kid fishing!!!! Make my day, month or even year!!!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by fishNphysician View Post
    BUMP....

Days are gettin' longer and hopefully warmer. Anybody else smell fish yet?
    I sure do! Will take the pledge as well.

I'm doing hte opposite of most, I'm taking a 32 year old out to catch her first fish soon as hte rivers open up.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

You know you can count me in as well. My kids are all growd up now and have since moved away and so I always take my friend's kids boatin/fishin 3-4 times each summer. I'm not sure who has more fun, them or me. Kids do the dumbest, but funniest things sometimes. Don't forget to bring the camera. Also, when the time comes I hope to be takin some soldiers fishin as well... "fishon"
    "Fisherman for Life" and "Phantom owner Forever"

While I don't have kids...I am taking several kids out to tangle lakes
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Dont have kids but have influenced some buddies from Texas to come up and catch a little BIGGER fish than they have down there...