Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Googly Moogly

Default Great Googly Moogly

So, you can buy these guns now from Mossberg.

Maybe folks can kick start this thread.

on another note that ZMB 500 chainsaw looks like it would work well for a recommendation for all the FNG questions about "which gun for bear defense".

Those are some Purty stupid looking guns. Guess you have to market to all interests groups though.

and you can load them with this
    http://www.hornady.com/in-the-news/l...max-ammunition

honest to God (and I mean that reverently) they sell this stuff at sportsmans, talk about STUPID!!
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

I think it's a sad statement that companies such as Colt are run out of business, while companies that market this type of garbage continue to prosper.

I'm sure that those who approve of viewing firearms as toys will be along any time now to speak in defense of this kind of junk.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Market them as toys or 'game-guns' with sophmoric monikers to cater to a particular audience (buyer) and then as soon as someone gets shot 'playing' with them every liberal will call for all guns being the demise of mankind again...pretty stupid marketing to me. Guns are mean't for serious business and should be treated as such- not marketed to be fun and cute to some sci-fi wanna bes. I think the zombie ammo irritates me even more- it makes it seem they aren't supposed to be taken seriously- only waiting for someone too shoot somone 'accidentally' while playing a game. It may be great ammo- but it sure makes me want to buy some from another maker.

Other than as a breaching tool, I sure don't see the 'chainsaw' being very good ergonomically for much of anything. The zobie targets have been mentioned before and yes I think that is a much lighter topic and isn't worth getting uptight about but guns and ammo...get real!

This is the reality of our society, people are idiots! The ammo by Hornady WTH?

Cowboys v Zombies?
    When someone posted a picture of this rifle a few weeks ago I thought it was a joke. I wish I had been right.
    Perhaps these rifles will be "sporterized" into something more traditional when people buy them from bored owners in a few years (assuming the zombies don't show up).

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I think it's a sad statement that companies such as Colt are run out of business...
    Colt has been run out of business?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Colt has been run out of business?

A couple of times already....maybe they ARE the zombie gun company since they keep coming back from the dead.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeman View Post
    A couple of times already....maybe they ARE the zombie gun company since they keep coming back from the dead.
    Oh, we're talking the commercial side of things...

Colt MFG. appears to be live and well : http://www.coltsmfg.com/ .

As for the other items, I find them irreverent, trivializing something as serious and controversial as firearms and ammunition has been the past few decades is irresponsible. This appears to be just one more example of corporate greed ; capaitalize on current mania and to h3ll with the consequences !

Wow. Can't you just picture your local teenage meth-head-video game-freak gettin his paws on these "fun" weapons? What's next? Commemorative Columbine shotgun?
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    Wow. Can't you just picture your local teenage meth-head-video game-freak gettin his paws on these "fun" weapons? What's next? Commemorative Columbine shotgun?
    How is it any different than a cheap “cool” looking “fun” SKS, Mac-9, Draco AK, or whatever?
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    How is it any different than a cheap “cool” looking “fun” SKS, Mac-9, Draco AK, or whatever?
    Well, I'm not a fan of assualt weapons, either, but the above are military in origin and the zombie guns
    are being manufactured and marketed by an American company for recreational shooting of humanoids.
    That's the difference to me. Of course, your point has its merits, and any weapon can kill.
    I just find it tasteless, is all.
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Personally I like the idea of a 6-pos stock on a lever gun. Would be great for the kids without having to cut down a stock then add spacers when they grow.

Shooting can be both safe and fun and the zombie shoots that some ranges have is just another spin on that. I sure prefer folks shooting zombie targets to the long time practice of shooting up old appliances and junk cars...

The "zombie" guns and ammo trend is just more evidence of the crossover of video gaming mentality to the gun industry. Just look around the range on a weekend and you'll see it. When a bunch of kids show up who like skate boarders and start spraying the range, I pack up. We all know shooting is fun, but with it comes responsibility. I don't see the "zombie" craze as promoting safe and responsible shooting. To me, it is an appeal to the gaming community who lives in a fantasy world.

Lu Jon:

I agree that shooting SHOULD be fun and safe at all times. I also understand what Andy is saying about the 'cool' factor associated with some other weapons. I guess I am just old fashioned (or just old) and I feel like putting a 'fun' spin on weapons that may cause them to be used as other than serious just doesn't sit well with me. I know it is up to the shooter what they do with the gun, but enough stupidity happens with firearms all the time due to people not knowing/paying attention.

The 8 round shotgun without the neon paint on it however looks nice, and I think mossberg puts out good products at a reasonable cost- they don't need a gimick!

Quote Originally Posted by cdubbin View Post
    Well, I'm not a fan of assualt weapons, either, but the above are military in origin and the zombie guns
    are being manufactured and marketed by an American company for recreational shooting of humanoids.
    That's the difference to me. Of course, your point has its merits, and any weapon can kill.
    I just find it tasteless, is all.
    I think the thing is butt ugly too but I also think to each their own. Like a pink gun or whatever else that isn’t my speed ether I feel if it attracts new people to the gun world we should welcome them with open arms so we can educate them on safe, responsible, fun gun ownership. If we ostracize them and make them feel like outsiders because their taste differ from ours we just guarantee they will be more likely to fulfill your prophecy of making all guns look bad.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Andy:

As usual your posts have a good point to them- we should stick together and promote gun ownership and safety...there is just something abou the representation of the neon zombie killers that rubs me the wrong way. I will keep my negative thoughts on hold for now!

When the time comes to take your firearms, they will take them. Nothing anyone does in public or private means a thing.
    The powers that be have been in power since before any of us were ever born.
    The desire to take your firearms by said powers is well published.

Nothing can change anything. They will come for them. Be ready

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast