Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 325 wsm

Default 325 wsm

Just got a new browning 325 WSM, and hoping that someone here has a load worked up.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Dave

Have a look at these older threads talking about the 325wsm and loads. Love mine, good luck with yours.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-325-WSM-loads

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...xtreme-Weather

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...-325-WSM-Loads

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Thanks Steve some great info to start with. Which powder do you like the best with the 200 gr accubonds?

Quote Originally Posted by Davef View Post
    Thanks Steve some great info to start with. Which powder do you like the best with the 200 gr accubonds?
    Reloader 17
    Founding Member

IMR 4007 SSC is what I load with 200gr AB's. I've been able to duplicate factory load ballistics and accuracy. I shoot a Kimber, Steve shoots a Winny and your is a Browning. It will be interesting to see what you end up with.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I should have it set up in a couple weeks and will try some loads and we will compare... Thanks for the assistance.

66.5gr RL 17, FED 215, 200gr accubond seated at 2.895. I use whatever brass right now I'm using necked up 300wsm brass i found at the range. target from my last trip to the range had one flyer. I just need to make adjustment and I should be good to go. My first attempt with accubonds was with IMR 4007 and its was not good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	57037

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    66.5gr RL 17, FED 215, 200gr accubond seated at 2.895. I use whatever brass right now I'm using necked up 300wsm brass i found at the range. target from my last trip to the range had one flyer. I just need to make adjustment and I should be good to go. My first attempt with accubonds was with IMR 4007 and its was not good.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	57037

That looks like a keeper!!!
    Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    That looks like a keeper!!!
    Ya, that's what I thought. Clover leaf and a flyer. Lights out.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

At the last gunshow I picked up a bunch of 325 wsmbrass I also have a bag of 325 brass. I had a bunch 300 wsm laying around so why not necked it up. As for the 5th shot I noticed in my hurry I forgot to put a primer in it (rookie mistake) thats why there was only a 4 shot group. I'm torn because the 200gr part shoot real well too.

323...Awsome group, great shooting, I willbe working on my load in the next couple weeks. Thanks for the information

My Browning Ti .325wsm likes 64.5gr of RL 17 for the 200gr Accubonds. Shots started to spread out a bit more at 65gr plus, but I think part of it was a heating barrel and probably starting to get a bit of fouling. I'd like to try loading up a few grain increments higher and testing them out again but haven't got around to it. As is this load is shooting sub MOA. I've yet to run them through a chronograph. A little more powder might get me a touch more velocity, but the animals that have been on the receiving end haven't seemed to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    My Browning Ti .325wsm likes 64.5gr of RL 17 for the 200gr Accubonds. Shots started to spread out a bit more at 65gr plus, but I think part of it was a heating barrel and probably starting to get a bit of fouling. I'd like to try loading up a few grain increments higher and testing them out again but haven't got around to it. As is this load is shooting sub MOA. I've yet to run them through a chronograph. A little more powder might get me a touch more velocity, but the animals that have been on the receiving end haven't seemed to know the difference.

Sometimes. a few grains either way makes a big difference.

Steve
    Founding Member

"Sometimes a few grains either way makes a big difference."

Totally agree Steve. I have a few target around that look strikingly similar to yours. Kind of a fun science trying to figure out what shoots. Have you loaded up any lighter grain bullets, say 175-185 grain?

Worked up my first load just to get things started. loaded 62.5 grns of H4350, and was impressed to say the least. The gun is now sighted in for a starting point. Now I will fine tune, but I must say the above load has 1.5" group of 5 shots, I really cant improve the accuracy, but valicity and experiment I will do. Thanks

When I did load development for my Kimber for 200 AB's, I got the velocity to max which was right at factory. 5rnds chronied just under 2950 with no pressure signs and was using oal from factory rounds. I couldn't get there with H4350. I have'nt tried RL-17 but I'm good to go. I set out to duplicate the factory load.

It seems Steve is getting higher velocities with his winny using same loads as I have with 220gamekings and 200abs with 4007ssc.

I think I was about 1.5" 3 rnd groups before tweaking the OAL, can't remember but it was not as tight as with factory loads. I then seated the bullet closer to the lands (.005 off lands) and brought the group to this. If your magazine will allow you to seat the bullet long it's worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Wonderer View Post
    "Sometimes a few grains either way makes a big difference."

Totally agree Steve. I have a few target around that look strikingly similar to yours. Kind of a fun science trying to figure out what shoots. Have you loaded up any lighter grain bullets, say 175-185 grain?

I'm not Steve but I have experimented with 180gr TSX's that I got in a bulk buy of various bullets. Here's the best I could get them to shoot in my Kimber without trying a bunch of different powders. I tried them with H4350 as well. I've come to the conclusion that there is no good reason to shoot anything lighter that the 200gr Accubond anyway. It has such a high BC that even if you compare trajectory numbers with say 150grainers, you don't pick up much advantage at all. I think if I guy wants to shoot lighter bullets he may as well stick with the 300wsm. The whole point of the 325 is to be able to shoot heaver bullets out of the same case. My other load is 220gr Gamekings at 2800 and they shoot 1 inch groups like the 200's. I've killed critters with both.

here's a "frustrator" for ya ... I thought I'd try 180 Etips in my son's Montana 325, third test load put 3 literally in the same hole with 4007 so I thinks to myself AH HA ! I've found it ! since that group I have not even come close to duplication ..... 1 1/2" - 2" - just illustrates why we should check then double check then check again I guess ...

Snyd, I will play around some more, I had the H4350 so I will pick up some 4007 and do some more playing with Velocity. My grouping with the H4350 was like yours above using 200 gr ABs. This load was in the book and velocity was supposed to be around 2875 or so. I dont have a crony yet to play with velocity's maybe this spring. Thanks Dave

Mr Dave,,

For me, I buy a rifle to fire a specific grain weight. IMHO the 325wsm works best with a 200 grain bullet, if I wanted to shoot 180s I would fire them from my 300wm or 30-06.

My 325wsm will put three 200 grain Accubonds into one ragged hole using ReLoader 17 to propel them. One thing I learned with this load is that in MY RIFLE Accubonds like to be close to the lands. I load mine .005 off the lands, after I developed this load I made a error in recording the COAL and loaded up the next batch at .050 off the lands and that loads would not group. I started over and discovered the error and after seating them deeper they once again became sub MOA.

Steve
    Founding Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast