Thread: ARC News

Default ARC News

1. Just a reminder that the annual meeting of The Alaska Rifle Club will be held Friday, February 3, 2012 at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park (shotgun) Clubhouse at 6:30 PM.. You are invited to attend. There will be pizza and door prizes. This is the annual business meeting and election of officers. Please bring a list of candidates for the election. Campaigning ahead of time is OK. The first Friday in February is the start of the new membership year so everyone will need to renew.

One thing we will discus is the addition of CMP Games to the schedule. These will consist of a Vintage Sniper Rifle Match in the morning and a Vintage Military Rifles match in the afternoon. Anyone interested?

2. There will be a Bang and Clang at 1000, 4 Feb 12 at B range. The range has been plowed and we can still see the targets. Come early and help set up the targets. See the attachment for details.

3. The Alaska Rifle Club will be teaching a Marksmanship class to the 2nd Platoon/ 56th Engineer Company (Vert) on Thursday, 09 February 2012. I am looking for volunteers to help teach positions. I screwed up and did not finalize the class in time for the unit to schedule range time. The class will be 0800 - 1200 Thurs 09 FEB 12. There is the possibility of scheduling range time at the some point in the future.

Hope to see you at one or more of these events,

--
    Mark Friest
    President
    Alaska Rifle Club
    907-333-8199

http://www.akrifleclub.com/

Due to the foot of snow and bad road conditions on February 3, the Annual Meeting has been postponed to February 10. I would like to apologize for waiting so late to postpone the meeting.
    Annual Meeting
    The Alaska Rifle Club will hold its Annual Meeting on Friday, February 10, 2012 in the Birchwood Clubhouse at 6:30pm. The clubhouse will open at 6 pm. The election of Club officers will take place, club business & planning for the upcoming year and the Match schedule will be finalized.

I have attached the ARC newsletter: In the Middle. Please read the additional announcements in it.

--
    Mark Friest
    President
    Alaska Rifle Club
    907-333-8199

http://www.akrifleclub.com/