Thread: 211 days till D-DAY!!

Default 211 days till D-DAY!!

Well who else is getting antsy? I have already scheduled leave the first week, just hoping im not deployed...don't think uncle sam will fly me back to shoot holes in the ozone.
    anyone starting the infamous must have list for next year? I think im perty well set to go already.
    Im still not used to the idea of only having a 2 month season, may have to head back farm in Ks next near after we are all froze in.
    oh here is one for you to enjoy..I have been takeing my duck calls with me out ice fishing to keep in practice and avoid bordem. I was out last week with another guy and he fell asleep in his chair... me being the nice guy i am decided it would be a shame for to miss a fish due to being asleep . So i decided to wake him with nice an loud hail call...picture this if you. ( BTW he has never been duck hunting aparently ) He jumps up and flips out, poles go flying, water from the holes made the ice slick so ends up landing square on his but dumps his beer all over himself and i don't know how he did it but but his arm up to his shoulder was in the hole.....he looked up at me ghost white and say (( what was that ))..i got this funny look on my face and said I don't know I was asleep...

long story less long he still doesn't have a clue what happened,

anyway just though it was time tell someone else about this.

Yes sir, I too am getting antsy. Now that it warmed up I think I head out to the skeet range and have my buddy blow a duck call when I say "Pull".

I am always antsy to go duck hunting. The only thing I need to do this year to get ready is build a duck boat, and get a small outboard. Duckdon hooked me up with some plans for the hybrid NL.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

I have started thinking of some different things to try for next year..as far as setups and locations. This year was the best one i have had as far as the #'s.
    I would have loved to get me a chessie pup this winter but that kinda got put on the back burner.
    Other than that i think im perty well covered, as far as decoys, and actual gear.

wohh buddy i am just as big of a waterfowl freak as the other guys on here but we still got fishing season comming up!!
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Sorry i'll try to contain my excitement..i'll have to take more leave next season to make the most out of the short season here. Just made it through my first year of duck hunting while being married...im still hitched so obviously i didn't spend near enough time hunting. LOL.

Kwack has a good point. Kings are coming in a few months! They are the only salmon I get truly excited for. But after the kings are done I am going to get super excited for duck season!

I can't wait for this duck season to arrive! Already have one trip penciled in among day/weekend trips. Starting to get new gear together for a "new to me technique", also looking at different blind options for my boat.....................

penciled? put that thing in ink so you cant erase it!
    I will never be a "Prostaffer" its not that I am not good enough
    but its because I refuse to pimp products for free.

Ya I'm geting excited, Thats a pretty funny story.

I am hoping to trade my moss berg 9200 for a H&R pardner pump or something like that.
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by kwackkillncrew View Post
    penciled? put that thing in ink so you cant erase it!
    OOOopppsss! It's a done deal now.....

I have been thinking about washing the decoys and trying some clear coat on them before the season get here. Has any one done this?? How well does it work, and do you have any tips or tricks for doing it?/

I have never tried it, but it doesn't sound like a bad idea. The only thing I would be worried about is my decoys being too shiny after the clear coat. I would test it out on one or two decoys first.

Quote Originally Posted by click View Post
    I have been thinking about washing the decoys and trying some clear coat on them before the season get here. Has any one done this?? How well does it work, and do you have any tips or tricks for doing it?/
    You should freshen up the paint if they need it before clear coating.

The only decoys I have that are matte clear coated are some custom wigeon feeders from Don Mintz. They look great, even in bright sun out on the water.

The kylon matte clear coat can be hard to find, but Michael's craft stores always have it.

wish i could make it for openin day but im over here in afghan now, word is ill make it back in oct so hopefully ill be able to see some of u out there before freeze up comes

WhiskeyJack

I'm looking forward to the fall duck season also by repainting some decoys that I got last Oct at a yardsale.