Thread: Kifaru at Fairbanks Outdoor Show?

Default Kifaru at Fairbanks Outdoor Show?

Does anyone know if Kifaru plans on being at the outdoor show in Fairbanks this coming April? I think they usually are. I'm planning on purchasing a pack for sheep hunting and would love to get fitted and try one one there before I fork out that kind of cash...(military discount?)

Sapper in the Skies

I have never seen Kifaru at any of the local shows, have seen another pack retailer there. Which pack you have in mind, I have a long Hauler and a Kifaru Ultralight 5200.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Default Outdoor Show

I must have heard wrong! I thought I might have read that the guy who owns them attends the outdoor show here in town. I am looking at the LongHunter Rendezvous 8500 BTW. I have seen another pack company there several times but I have had my eye on the Kifaru or Mystery Ranch for awhile. I know Kifaru takes individual measurements for fittings and was hoping to get one done in person. Any thoughts on the LongHunter?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper 27 View Post
    I must have heard wrong! I thought I might have read that the guy who owns them attends the outdoor show here in town. I am looking at the LongHunter Rendezvous 8500 BTW. I have seen another pack company there several times but I have had my eye on the Kifaru or Mystery Ranch for awhile. I know Kifaru takes individual measurements for fittings and was hoping to get one done in person. Any thoughts on the LongHunter?
    I have done a few hunts with that pack. Great pack and great company, would be willing to let you see the pack.

Founding Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Sapper, get hold of larry bartlet.. i think you are thinking of another maker.. that sells out of cabalia.. but last sprins was with with larry at the show.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Hopefully mine comes with a full curl too! Awesome pic...thanks for the info. Also looking at the Timberline 7200. Looks like it can do the job and is a little lighter too. Thanks also to you Vince for the name. I remember seeing a pack there a couple years back that was an external frame made by Alaska Range? Looked like a great pack but I think I'm going internal on this one. Let the arguments begin! Thanks for the replies guys...

Sapper in the Skies

Mr Sapper,,

My buddy Luke has the Timberline 7200 and he used it all season. He stuffed my Kodiak Bear in it as well as a few Blacktails this last fall. Great pack as well. Kifaru makes quality gear, you just have to decide which one is best for you.

Timberline.

LongHunter Rendezvous 8500

KU5200

Founding Member

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper 27 View Post
    Hopefully mine comes with a full curl too! Awesome pic...thanks for the info. Also looking at the Timberline 7200. Looks like it can do the job and is a little lighter too. Thanks also to you Vince for the name. I remember seeing a pack there a couple years back that was an external frame made by Alaska Range? Looked like a great pack but I think I'm going internal on this one. Let the arguments begin! Thanks for the replies guys...

Sapper in the Skies
    no problem,, i was trying hard to recall the line of gear with larry there, still cant.

as for the ak range pack.. well i have one.. and at 12 lbs empty it makes for a long day though will carry heck of a load. i went much lighter this last year with Elberstock and will have to go lighter again, after these back issues are taken care of this spring.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Know it kinda of topic but does Kifaru have any dealers? Would really like to try one and see how it fits before i drop that kinda money. I have heard great things but really like being able to feel it first hand.