Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 22' SR HT!!

Default Looking for 22' SR HT!!

seems like a lot of people on the forum are keeping eyes out for the same boat as i! I am new to the forum and came here looking @ your guys's "winter time blues thread"! Great pictures and makes me want a boat now! Is there anyone out there selling theirs? possibly a different section of the forum i have not come across for classifieds? I know of one on alaskas list that i would consider looking at but I may have to go new here at the up coming boat show if i dont find what i want.... Pete @ river and sea marine in soldotna said " he would beat anyones price " and i am assuming he's talking about deweys <<< has anyone ever purchased from there?? Would consider a bigger alaskan/OP but looking to stay within or less of that new searunner price range... i am very happy to have stumbled across this forum, look forward to future discussions!

there is a buy/sell/swap forum further down if you scroll down on the main forums page...but you won't see many boats there as there is a big turnover every day. Most folks seem to check Craig's List for boats...I bought a new Hewes AK 26' down in Pasco Washington in '08, saved about $20K because it was last year's model, and towed it up. Often people look for used boats in the 48 and bring them up, generally lower prices. But, lots of boats seem to be on the market due to the economy, so look around AK. I only spend some of the summer in AK, so not really familiar with the AK dealers but there have been lots of comments on them on the Power Boating forum where we are now...and I'm sure some of the guy will chime in with opinions on Deweys and River and Sea Marine...from what I recall the latter had more supporters than the former but wait a bit and I'm sure you'll get some responses to that.

I have not listed anywhere yet but am going to put this boat up for sale
    2006 220 OPHT 150 Yamaha 9.9 Suzuki
    Will deliver to AK for a weekend of fishing Halibut 57K

Just buffed it out, Sharkhide, and ready to stripe, pic the color

WOW, ill reply more after work seein as how im running out the door!

Now that's a fishin' machine!! Can't ask for much more than that in a boat that size....

I have just been informed that trading a delivery to AK for a weekend of fishing some how violates the law in AK so regretfully I need to rescind that offer. However I will deliver it to AK and while I'm there I'll go to the boat ramp and stick my thumb out and maybe catch an empty seat.

WTH !! Is that an EMPTY rod holder on the aft starboard downrigger !! Slacker !

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsboat View Post
    I have just been informed that trading a delivery to AK for a weekend of fishing some how violates the law in AK so regretfully I need to rescind that offer. However I will deliver it to AK and while I'm there I'll go to the boat ramp and stick my thumb out and maybe catch an empty seat.
    Why would that be illegal? If you were trading for fish someone already caught I could understand, but you're talking about having someone take you fishing. I'd verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsboat View Post
    I have not listed anywhere yet but am going to put this boat up for sale
    2006 220 OPHT 150 Yamaha 9.9 Suzuki
    Will deliver to AK for a weekend of fishing Halibut 57K

Just buffed it out, Sharkhide, and ready to stripe, pic the color
    thanks for share such a nice and wonderful information here its too good and nice and look like rocket

That's a fine looking boat and offer...bet you won't have that on the market long! Say, Jonsboat, what's the gizmo on top, some kind of beach cart?

Mimspilot: you are a new member, so I can't send you a private message through the forum yet....nor you me. Please send me an email to rmahoney@uidaho.edu and I will send you some information you will want to see.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Ron View Post
    That's a fine looking boat and offer...bet you won't have that on the market long! Say, Jonsboat, what's the gizmo on top, some kind of beach cart?
    That's a plastic wagon I use to set the cooler on when leaving the dock, much easier on the back.

i don't see how that's violating any laws either, used to be you couldn't take your buddys out fishing & let them pay for fuel as it was considered chartering, but thats changed now also......

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    i don't see how that's violating any laws either, used to be you couldn't take your buddys out fishing & let them pay for fuel as it was considered chartering, but thats changed now also......
    Can you give us some more info on how this has changed, like a link to regulation or something. There has been more than one of us on the forum that has been filleted for offering to pay for gas if someone would take them fishing or something similar. I know we all do it and I will continue to do it (give a buddy gas money or split the gas bill, or fill the tank up before leaving the harbor) and LE can try and prove it. Last I heard it was a technicality and you wouldn't want to be posting publicly that you were trading any type of goods or services for a fishing trip. But, if that has changed, which I think it should then I would like some more information on that. Thanks.

i'll look more into it...give me afew days

If i a friend felt like helping me pay for fuel i wouldnt see a problem.. id tell the SOA too blow it out there you know what! I imagine its similar to the regs for flying - pay up to half or some crap.. anywho does anyone know what dealer sells RAIDER boats in AK? might be interested in a 22' sea raider as well - cheaper , same boat ? makes sense

sent a message to the wildlife troopers....got a response back. Whatever you do BEST thing is to call the local trooper office to make sure you are legal, ask the appropriate questions to the right agencies involved
    Re: questions about sport fishing compensation for incrued costs
    Jason,
    Good morning. It is legal for several friends to help pay for expenses such as fuel. What can't occur is the friends pay for the fuel and the boat owner pays for nothing. All expenses must be split equally among the participants. The law says that you can't receive compensation for sport fishing services. (Guiding) There are several other areas that you need to be careful about such as; advertising to take people fishing, trading services where you are receiving the obvious better deal and others. Before you start doing this, call and talk with your local office of the Alaska Wildlife Troopers. We will ask questions about how you plan on making this happen and let you know if it is legal. Finally, there are different rules with halibut so you will also need to call National Marine Fisheries, Office of Law Enforcement to ask about halibut specifically.

Thanks for the question. AWT

Although it's a law, I find it hard to believe that the State would actually waste their resources busting someone for such a stupid thing! I'm sure it has happened, but what a waste of time and resources for them to actually do such a thing.

With gas prices these days, everyone kicks in for gas. Or else next time they are stuck fishing from the shore...

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    sent a message to the wildlife troopers....got a response back. Whatever you do BEST thing is to call the local trooper office to make sure you are legal, ask the appropriate questions to the right agencies involved
    Re: questions about sport fishing compensation for incrued costs
    Jason,
    Good morning. It is legal for several friends to help pay for expenses such as fuel. What can't occur is the friends pay for the fuel and the boat owner pays for nothing. All expenses must be split equally among the participants. The law says that you can't receive compensation for sport fishing services. (Guiding) There are several other areas that you need to be careful about such as; advertising to take people fishing, trading services where you are receiving the obvious better deal and others. Before you start doing this, call and talk with your local office of the Alaska Wildlife Troopers. We will ask questions about how you plan on making this happen and let you know if it is legal. Finally, there are different rules with halibut so you will also need to call National Marine Fisheries, Office of Law Enforcement to ask about halibut specifically.

Thanks for the question. AWT

There is no problem kicking in for gas, bait, ice, food etc. It becomes a problem if you OFFER or ASK in public for trading/chipping in if someone will take you fishing. So, the offer to bring up a boat to Alaska in trade for a fishing trip over the weekend is not legal. If someone calls about buying the boat and you talk about taking it out together to check it out over the weekend and agree to split expenses, that would not be illegal. Subtle but important difference! I don't think the troopers go out of their way to bust people on this, but if you rub their nose in it they are obliged to do something...

If you want more discussion on this, search the forums, it has been endlessly discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by mimspilot View Post
    does anyone know what dealer sells RAIDER boats in AK? might be interested in a 22' sea raider as well - cheaper , same boat ? makes sense
    Check this out, then see if your local AK dealers can come close...look at the new 2011 22' OPHT deals etc. Jonsboat's deal looks like it may come with lots of accessories though, so consider that!

http://www.nwmarineandsport.com/New-...RAFT-Boats.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast