Thread: Lost dog

Default Lost dog

Our dog went missing around 10:30 this morning.

3 year old Australian Cattle Dog/Blue Heeler, Female.

Answers to "Bella". There is an 8 yr old lil' girl who is beside herself, and Dad ain't doing so well either.

Went missing near KGB by 3 Bears. Any info would be immensely appreciated.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Sorry to hear about your dog, I hope you find her.

I live a mile from 3 bears, will post a coupleof pictures if you need me to. Leave a picture at Knik liquor cause a lot of people stop there on the way home. Good luck and tell the little one that there are people looking to find the K9, besides just you and her
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

get in touch 3CBRS on the gun dog forum - she has contacts of people that are most likely in your area, and are able to help.

I know all too well that feeling you are going through - just DONT lose hope. Might even help to say a prayer or two ( if you are so inclined), and others will do that for you as well.

Scott

Thanks for all the help. Over 48 hours now and no word.

It sucks.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

How is your little girl doing? Sure hope that you find Bella.
    Karma is like a rubber band; it can only stretch so far before it comes back and smacks you in the face.

Printed pictures off of the forum and posted them at KGB liquor and the tesoro. Ran out of ink in my printer so maybe you can print some pictures and tape them to the gas pumps at 3 bears? People are always buying gas and it gave me back my daughter's dog last summer by someone buying gas and seeing the poster taped to the pump
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

I finally got a hold of a buddy in the area. He is watching out for her. Hasn't seen her yet though. He snowplows that area.

I also searched safeharbor, thru the boro website but your dog is not posted yet. Last time I lost my idiot shepard mix, it took them 4 days to post a picture. Will let you know if I get called since I put my cell phone number on the flyers I posted. Again, good luck. Chin up and keep talking upbeat to the little one.

Sorry to hear your pup is missing. If you haven't already done so, make sure you hit all the Veterinarian offices in the Valley as well as the shelter/animal control. Also, if she's microchipped, she stands a good chance of being returned. My wife and I have been lucky in getting 3 strays returned to their owners by having our vet office scan them and contact the owners. Even if she's not chipped, it's worth putting pictures in the vet offices, as they're frequented by folks who really care. Hope she gets home soon!

Thanks for all the help. Ken I was out hiking the woods but got an email off to you. Thanks Bunches.

Still running fresh ads on CL, calling the Pound morning and evening, and have Safe Harbor bookmarked. The kiddo is taking it really hard, first the divorce and now the dog she raised from a pup gone missing. It's tough. She is chipped, my fear is a moose stomped her or she was stolen.

Thanks again everyone.

ditto on what Lonewolf says. DO NOT GIVE UP, your dog may be in someone house or garage and they may not have had a chance to get her to a vet yet, or the pound etc. Pics, word of mouth and Craigslist etc.

I know what you are going through - and yes it sucks.

Hope all works out for you, Hippie; we have a cat that showed up here 2 months ago, obviously someone's pampered pet but we have not been able to find the owners even though we have tried just about everything to do so. Don't give up!
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg

Thanks again for all the help and support. Still no word or news. Luckily the weather has been warm.
    Again want to thank Whop for all his efforts, it's appreciated greatly. As well as thankful for the PM's and positive vibes.

Oh, and to the anonymous rep point comment laughing at an 8 year old girls grief over this. There's a special place in hell for you.
    Or perhaps you're already there.

Thanks again to the 99% of you who have been genuinely positive and concerned. It means a lot.

Hippie, Anybody trapping near where you live? When I lived off of Fairview loop our dog disappeared for over a week, then she showed up with a trap on her foot. She'd somehow chewed or broken the wire from whatever anchored it. It was obviously someone who didn't check their traps often. Our other dog was bird hunting with me and ran off after something and I followed him, then heard a lot of ruckus up ahead. When I caught up to him, he was choking in a snare. Luckily I was with him and got him out. No markings or warnings in the area and within a couple hundred yards of homes.
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Hip, we might disagree on a lot of things but that ocean bottom guy sending you negative rep points is so waaaaay out of bounds, it is sickening to even fathom. We all are still a family of what we do, converse on the forum and anybody with a heart would jump in w/o a moments notice. That said, don't thank me... I would want some help if it was the other way around. Just hoping it works out for both you and the little one. God bless and hopefully you find the little dog safe and sound

Quote Originally Posted by twodux View Post
    Hippie, Anybody trapping near where you live? When I lived off of Fairview loop our dog disappeared for over a week, then she showed up with a trap on her foot. She'd somehow chewed or broken the wire from whatever anchored it. It was obviously someone who didn't check their traps often. Our other dog was bird hunting with me and ran off after something and I followed him, then heard a lot of ruckus up ahead. When I caught up to him, he was choking in a snare. Luckily I was with him and got him out. No markings or warnings in the area and within a couple hundred yards of homes.
    That's one of my concerns, but to the best of my knowledge, no traps in the vicinity. Tho' it's been 72+ hours so the "What If's?" are multiplying.

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Hip, we might disagree on a lot of things but that ocean bottom guy sending you negative rep points is so waaaaay out of bounds, it is sickening to even fathom. We all are still a family of what we do, converse on the forum and anybody with a heart would jump in w/o a moments notice. That said, don't thank me... I would want some help if it was the other way around. Just hoping it works out for both you and the little one. God bless and hopefully you find the little dog safe and sound
    Agreed, on all points.

Praying for a safe return, know how much I love mine.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Total bummer, I too am sorry to here about your doggy. She'll show up somewhere. Sometimes female dogs go into heat and take off, my female Malamute did this because she found another Malamute, and well......you get the idea.