Thread: Brown Bears hunt around Feilding lake.........timing?

Default Brown Bears hunt around Feilding lake.........timing?

Planning a spring bear hunt around Fielding Lake, I have heard they are starting to be a problem and have become habituated to people and getting into cabins. Thinking I can help with this......

Wondering about timing and asked Fish & Game and they said the big boars can start coming out early April, I know the boars come out first and generally back and forth to the den, but wondering when they really start wandering around more...............?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

If you're talking Fielding lake near Summit lake, Arctic Man is April 9-15? probably want to make right about then

Yeah, I forgot about that, I dont know how much activity there is around Feilding at that time? Dont know if it matters much to the bears?

Quote Originally Posted by .300wby View Post
    If you're talking Fielding lake near Summit lake, Arctic Man is April 9-15? probably want to make right about then
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

I've been there during A/M. Biggest prob is finding a place to park, even at Fielding and beyond. you're prob right as far as the bears, get away from the bulk of activity and find one sunning on a hill anyway. I'd personally just wait till that mess was over.

Plus, the way this winter is shaping up, that country will probably be best bear hunting in May.

I think a good question to ask the cabin owners is when during the year are they having problems? Just because a bear gets into a cabin during the summer or fall doesn't mean he isn't denned up 20 miles away in the spring. Plus during arctic man there are usually folks riding all over the place looking for the good snow. But who knows maybe sitting on the backside of the west ridge looking out over the delta and eureka drainages may work. Never know.

ya i'm figuring gonna be may before we start seeing bears consistantly this spring....
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212