Thread: Bend Oregon Fly Fishing

Red face Bend Oregon Fly Fishing

Please view my site...

Bend Oregon Fly Fishing

Hey,

I'm going to be in Bend from May 10th-19th, will there be any fly fishing opportunities that time of year? Any information on watersheds that might produce would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me or post here.

Thanks,
    Dan

Only been on the site a couple times in a while and your thread caught my eye as I am living around Bend for the winter. Have not fished around that time in years as I am always in AK at that time. But you def. have a lot of choices to choose for fishing in the area. With in a hours drive the Middle Deschutes should be happening around then, you have the Fall river, Crooked river and an extremely Awesome river called the Metolious ( harder river to fish but less crowded and beautiful wild fish). If you have the time the Lower Deschutes should have a salmonfly hatch coming off. Not sure on how crowds are anymore but it probably depends on where and when. Avoid weekends anywhere !!! High lakes will still be snowed in. Any other questions please ask. Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the response, I'll do some research on the rivers mentioned. Nice to know I might have a chance at hooking a few fish, even though getting out and seeing some new water will be enjoyment enough. It always makes it a little more exciting when your fishing rather than practing your casting in dead water.

Thanks,
    Dan