Thread: Bearcat 570 XT owners

Default Bearcat 570 XT owners

Friend of mine is looking to pick one up, and I was wondering if anyone is having any issues, specifically bogging in deep snow or under load.
    I rented one 2 years ago, and with a load on it, you would give it gas from a standstill, and it would just bog. Almost like it was either overgeared, too steep a helix. Hard to say. I did a search and found others in 09-10 had similar issues.
    Did Cat get this fixed?
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

We have a 2010 and have not had any issues. I am sure AKDoug & DenaliHunter will have some insight.

I have the 2012 Bearcat Groomer Special in the 4 stroke 1100, a 2012 XZ1 1100 4 stroke two up and a 2012 T570. On the T570, I didn't have any bogging problems. That thing is a screamer. The only problem I had with it is that the inside plate of the secondary blew off, stripped the bolts out and I had to be towed 35 miles. Only had a couple of hundred miles. Of course, Mountain Magic took care of it. Must have come with loose bolts from the factory. Out of the three new machines, that's my favorite so far, for when I'm out in deeper snow.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

I don't own a 570 version and that's why I stayed out of this thread. However, one of my employees owns one. I spoke of this problem with him and he says he has no issue with it bogging and he's pulling some pretty big logs with it.

I have the 2012 bearcat 570 and the 2012 T570. Love them both. I use the bearcat on the trapline and breaking trail and have had zero problems. I've even had it in knee deep overflow and it got up on top and cruised thru it.

I have a 2010 Bearcat 570 XT. No problem with the power, mine does fine.

The gripe I have is with the starter. I am on my second starter and ring gear and it is about shot. I only use it when the machine is warm. I know of 5 other Bearcats, they all have the same problem. There is a problem with the starters, and Arctic Cat knows it, there really should be a recall. I also have a 2012 T570, and was told by Arctic Cat that the fixed the starter problem ( which they also says dosen't exist). I have not had any problems with the new machine, but I only have 40 miles on it, and pull start it.

OK, and the A arms are totally flimsey for a utility machine...

Other than that, it's great.

Steve, that little T570 is a screamer, isn't it? I was breaking 6 foot drifts for about 5 miles on my trapline after a big blow with that thing and it just kept flying through them.

Flimsy A-arms save the bulkhead. The bulkhead is mega expensive so $100 A-arms are fine for me Zero problems on the starter on the 4-stroke, but I believe its a totally different system than the 2 stroke. At least you guys can pull start yours.

Indeed DH! Even the Bearcat fly's nicely. Theres talk of a ride happening from Lake Louise to Mclaren Lodge soon. Tree out of the Wolverine Lodge is trying to put it together. He used to keep the trail open in the past but people lost interest. I believe it was around 90 miles each way. Would be fun to go cross country again..

Oh man, I've been wanting to do that ride from Wolverine to Maclaren! A couple of groups did it last year, but not very many. Would be great if they would establish a winter trail on that route. I know folks have been trying.

If Tree got that route going again I'd stay at Alpine the first night, then hammer out the rest of it to Wolverine the next day..then back again.

I agree the A arms should save the bulkhead. I wish that were true, but the bulkhead is just a piece of extrusion. After pulling off my arms, I noticed both sides of the bulkhead were bent. The bulkhead cost about the same as the A arms (all 6 peices), but was a pain to change. (easy, but a lot of stuff had to get pulled off). The bulkhead looks to be the same stoutness as their other sleds. For a utility machine that weighs over 700 lbs, I wish the bulkhead was a bit more stout, even if it added a few pounds.

I looked at a RMK, the bulkhead looked a lot tougher.

Don't get me wrong, I love the machine, but I'd give up a bit of weight or suspension to fix that weak spot. Maybe I should fabricate a bigass bumper/tree deflector, or just not hit as much stuff.

I have a rewelded/milled bulkhead spare if someone needs one....

Bearcat 570 XT bulkhead
    DSCF2875 - Copy.jpg
    A arm bolt attatch point
    bent.jpg

Well thats a PITA eh?
    I've always run cats myself, and have an older Bearcat, but man, the new Skandics and Tundras really are a better machine design wise. That A-arm design, while offering a nice ride, just does not offer the protection the strut style design that BRP uses does.
    I've been using a friends Skandit WT with the 600 ETEC up on his trapline, and busting trail with it, well, its in a class by itself. I would love to have a new Bearcat along to compare. Might have the opportunity, as the feller who is looking at one also is along with us busting trail at the line.
    Interesting that no one is having bogging issues, AC must have got that figured out.
    Thanks gents.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.