Thread: Does anyone here shoot centerfire benchrest?

Default Does anyone here shoot centerfire benchrest?

I've been a member at Birchwood for several years. It seems to me that there are not many National Bench Rest Shooters Association (NBRSA) type shooters around. I used to run into Homer Strickland once in a while.

I have just dusted off my old Kelbly Planda 6 PPC benchrest rifle and plan to spend time this year trying to shoot tiny groups. I was just wondering if any of the members here are also benchrest shooter.

I think the biggest reason you dont see many benchrest guys here is because of the lack of a REAL long range venue.

Thanks for the reply. Actually NBRSA has 100, 200, 300, 600 and 1000 yard centerfire categories. Rimfire matches are also shot at 50 and 100 yards.

As for centerfire, the 100 and 200 yard matches are by far the most popular with 300 yard next. These are often referred to as "point blank" benchrest ranges.

I know there are some other folks that shoot at Birchwood that have benchrest rifles. There is one guy there regularly that has a rail gun. I will have to do some checking with the range staff to see if they will keep a lookout for other benchresters with a hope of setting up some informal matches this year.

Homer has went to a quieter range. he shot with us in arkansas for a couple of years. he passed away last year. ray