Thread: Two nimrods in Iowa

Default Two nimrods in Iowa

At one o'clock in the afternoon they were asking for the recipe for apple pie (Everclear & apple cider beverage) at five o'clock they are setting up a new Dillon reloading press! Yes 10 is a nice round number but it's way to many grains of 231 to use in your 45ACP to push a 200 grain wad cutter out the barrel. Now one needs a New Springfield custom jobby..........just cuz!

Laugh if ya want Murphy....they both moved here from Missouri and they did not get either the load or beverage recipe from me!

I prefer the traditional, highly complementary definition of the term "nimrod". It chaps me when a term is hijacked and applied to mean the polar opposite of it's original definition. Not directed at you necessarily EKC; just venting.

Of course, it's possible these guys were truly nimrods by the original definition too, but I'd like to think not.
    ...he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods & errors. ~Thomas Jefferson
    I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. ~Gerry Spence
    The last thing Alaska needs is another bigot. ~member Catch It
    #Resist

Quote Originally Posted by iofthetaiga View Post
    I prefer the traditional, highly complementary definition of the term "nimrod". It chaps me when a term is hijacked and applied to mean the polar opposite of it's original definition. Not directed at you necessarily EKC; just venting.

Of course, it's possible these guys were truly nimrods by the original definition too, but I'd like to think not.
    Wasn't he the grandson of Ham?

Great hunter, brick mason, hired all those immigrant workers.....?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post
    At one o'clock in the afternoon they were asking for the recipe for apple pie (Everclear & apple cider beverage) at five o'clock they are setting up a new Dillon reloading press! Yes 10 is a nice round number but it's way to many grains of 231 to use in your 45ACP to push a 200 grain wad cutter out the barrel. Now one needs a New Springfield custom jobby..........just cuz!

Laugh if ya want Murphy....they both moved here from Missouri and they did not get either the load or beverage recipe from me!
    Sounds about right. I think I ran those two off....so they ended up in Iowa, huh?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

They did indeed and I'm quite sure they are no kin to the King of Shinar !

Wasn't Nimrod, both, a "Mighty Hunter, before the Lord," and,....
    the guy in charge when they started the Tower of Babel project?
    (pretty good at unifying folks, just a poor visionary, suffering a bit of overconfidence)

I think so, and that could be how these youngsters could earn the association,
    somehow his descendants, "After," "Confusion was sent from Heaven, down on those guys"
    (kind of like those living in the Babylon area these days,...)

Har, I bought a Real Nice Fishing Vessel once, was named F/V Nimrod,...had to change the name,
    cause nobody knows anymore, how awesome that guy was
    didn't feel like explaining all day long

Hey, while I'm at it, sounding like a goof,...
    Here's a "don't have my propellant profiles book around, being lazy on the internet" question,...

Can you guys tell me if I can use IMR 4350 as substitute for H4350,...??
    Am short on manuals where I am reloading, only doing a couple, Hornady for .243 bullets,
    and I have a lb. of IMR4350 that I cannot find applicable for these bullets, but H4350 works for several of them,

I probably know better,... just thought you guys might give me a slap around,.... or an old timer's "Sure"....??
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

UP of Michigan has the Watersmeet MI Nimrods high school BB team

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Wasn't Nimrod, both, a "Mighty Hunter, before the Lord," and,....
    the guy in charge when they started the Tower of Babel project?
    (pretty good at unifying folks, just a poor visionary, suffering a bit of overconfidence)

I think so, and that could be how these youngsters could earn the association,
    somehow his descendants, "After," "Confusion was sent from Heaven, down on those guys"
    (kind of like those living in the Babylon area these days,...)

Har, I bought a Real Nice Fishing Vessel once, was named F/V Nimrod,...had to change the name,
    cause nobody knows anymore, how awesome that guy was
    didn't feel like explaining all day long

Hey, while I'm at it, sounding like a goof,...
    Here's a "don't have my propellant profiles book around, being lazy on the internet" question,...

Can you guys tell me if I can use IMR 4350 as substitute for H4350,...??
    Am short on manuals where I am reloading, only doing a couple, Hornady for .243 bullets,
    and I have a lb. of IMR4350 that I cannot find applicable for these bullets, but H4350 works for several of them,

I probably know better,... just thought you guys might give me a slap around,.... or an old timer's "Sure"....??
    No you should not use one 4350 in place of another.
    But you're right about Nimrod.

Ya see, all those immigrant workers spoke a different language. When God viewed nimrod favorably all those workers could communicate and understand each other,. Then Nimrod fell out of favor and that blessing was gone. No one could understand the other so work stopped. That's why we call in-descerable speech babble today. It was the Tower of Babel they were making so the new language was known as babel, or babble.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by elmerkeithclone View Post

What load did you give them, EKC? 9.5 grains?
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.