Thread: redding t-7 press?

Default redding t-7 press?

Anyone got one, thoughts?

Getting ready to order/buy a first press without spending a fortune looking for recommendations.

I love it!! Greatest press going. Many advantages of that seven hole turret. It is my main press for big hand gun. I use a separate crimping die and put all four in the turret and just rotate to the stage I need. It is bug enough for the big rifle calibers too.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I use a T7, it's heavy duty.
    I'd buy another if this one was stolen, no chance of breaking it.
    Buy extra turrets as needed. I think I have 7 extra turrets.
    Most of my turrets I have 2 sets of dies, some like 454/45colt I have just the one set of dies in the turret (lots of different dies, sizer, expander,seater, 2 different crimp dies, universal de-primer, trim die).
    With bottleneck rifle dies I often use 3 dies per caliber, so that gives me 2 sets plus a universal de-primer. I often use a lee collect neck die, that goes in a RCBS rockchucker mounted next to the Redding press.
    Lots of different ways to arrange your dies, just figure out what works for you.
    The only down side is the cost.
    "The older I get, the better I was."

I have a 6ppc and a 7mm mag I'll be reloading for...I guess the next question is, is this toomuch press for my needs? Where a simple single stage redington/lee/rcbs would suffice? Been fondling everything in town, its the last major piece of the puzzle to begin loading.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Is there any slop or movement in the turret when sizing?
    Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Is there any slop or movement in the turret when sizing?
    Smitty of the North
    You mean axially? No. There is a few thousandths of vertical play but once a die is adjusted that is accounted for.

There is also a few thousandths of play in the linkage of this press and every press and is compensated for when adjusted with a particular die.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    You mean axially? No. There is a few thousandths of vertical play but once a die is adjusted that is accounted for.

There is also a few thousandths of play in the linkage of this press and every press and is compensated for when adjusted with a particular die.
    A few thou & a few thou is 10 to 12 thou & that fm the turret is at an angle, or not square with the die.

Is there a support at rear of the turret? Can it be tightened?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.