Thread: Judd Lake/Tordrillo Lodge trail

Default Judd Lake/Tordrillo Lodge trail

I was wonderring if anyone knows or can share the trails to get to Tordrillo Lodge on Judd Lake from say the Deshka Landing or Little Su parking Lot?

If you go from little Su landing the best way to go is across Fish Creek and take a right on the big Su, then go by Alexander Creek and about a mile down from the mouth catch the gasline trail towards Beluga. The trail to Alexander is nice and there are trail markers on the Su. Once your on the gasline cross Ivan river and Theodore river. Once you cross the Theodore theres a big hill to climp and right at the top of the hill turn right on an old oilfield road headed towards the hills about four or five miles. Take a right off the road and head up in the hills. Might not be a trail and then there might be. Best time of the year is in March because there is lots of snow and it is set up by then. It is some of the best riding your ever going to find! Probaly best to bring gas as it's probaly a good 70 miles and your gonna want to play when you get up there! We always have a sled with gas and we drop the sled in the foothills and play all day! You find yourself not wanting to leave!

The area on top is a series of long swamps surrounded by brush and some ware along the edge there will be a way to access the next swamp. There may be no defined trail for 20 miles just hard pack snow made by a ski. The last time I was there I came out of one end and headed in the direction I thought I should be going. When I realized I had lost the trail I would make a circle until I cross a ski and then headed in that direction I must have done this 10 times.

At the time everything was wind blown and very hard, another time the snow was so soft I was cutting a 3 foot trench with my widetrack burning gas at 5 miles per gallon.

If you decided to go carry a lot of gas and survival gear because unless there’s a trail you could get lost or have to turn around.

Default Route

Last time I went I spent 2 hrs trying to go the last 4 miles. The lake is surounded by thick spruce on the east & south side. Everytime I go seems like I end up getting turned around. Take plenty of fuel & a camp in case you can't make it. I was just out that way & there was no trail in & we had that big dump since then.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    The area on top is a series of long swamps surrounded by brush and some ware along the edge there will be a way to access the next swamp. There may be no defined trail for 20 miles just hard pack snow made by a ski. The last time I was there I came out of one end and headed in the direction I thought I should be going. When I realized I had lost the trail I would make a circle until I cross a ski and then headed in that direction I must have done this 10 times.

At the time everything was wind blown and very hard, another time the snow was so soft I was cutting a 3 foot trench with my widetrack burning gas at 5 miles per gallon.

If you decided to go carry a lot of gas and survival gear because unless there’s a trail you could get lost or have to turn around.