Thread: Pull start repalcement help

Default Pull start repalcement help

Went down to Portage today and broke the pull cord on my 2004 Polairs RMK 800. Do you guys have any tips or tricks to changing it out? I looked on the internet for a video but didn't have much helpful luck. I have replaced pull cords before but mostly on lawnmowers.
    I know its not the funnest thing in the world but anything will help.

Thanks,

Shouldn't be any different than a lawnmower. The muffler might get in your way so wear gloves to save your nuckles when you pull the springs off, or get a spring tool. They are usually 3 or 4 bolts and pull it off. Depending on what broke, rope or internal parts, you might have to cut the handle off. Just remember to tie a knot in the rope at the rewind end before you do, or you will certainly regret it. Watch that coil spring when you get it off. I have had them jump out and snare both sets of fingers, leaving me yelling in pain until someone comes and untangles them for me.

I'm gonna dive into it tonight and let you know how many times I say ****.

I got it done in about 2 hr. If I did it agian it would only take about an hour. Pretty easy. I have pictures on my phone but getting them to the computer is a bit complicated. If anyone has questions or really wants to see the pictures, just let me know.