Thread: Cargo/ people/sled /sleigh

Man, I would buy that sled right now if I wasn't so out of range. Is it yours, Susitna?
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Yes, It is pretty cool old sled havn,t used in couple yr,s. It worked perfect. The ski,s springs came from arctic cat panther, Just never painted it ,was treated with tompson water seal. Used to have full box encloser, open side door, heater, and everything, than was cut down. To haul 18 gal rubber made tubs, gas can,s Than as wife knees got bad was put back into service with chair, windshied, That all is removable, Just my Daughter grew up, Drives her own machine now,And wife has cancer, Just not likely that i have a need for it anymore,I have a bunch of sleds, Just like alot of us here, build one every couple yr,s to suit the need.Some of them that i don,t use anymore, got to go, Hard to let things go sometimes, I,m sure you know how that is when you have a Cabin, You Well never know when going to need that.. LOL.
    Maybe get some them Form riders come over have a look at it before they head up to your area,Could use some help digging out from under pine tree and get the cover off it.

Looks like it would be a great option. I can put my wife in the back and see how fast I can tow her along, as long as I don't let her bring any firearms with her when I do it! I could see using that for many things, and I just can never find the time to build anything myself. I'll see what I can arrange to have someone come over and look at it.

Thanks for the reply.
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

Yea, No gun,s LOL My wife used have a tree branch with her if i went to fast swat a me with it LOL.All depends on the bumps on the trail, How much you put in it. Grommed could go 35-40 mph, I mostly went 24-27 mph That what my machine liked and it would just roll with the trail,If get going to fast has those springs Would bottem out either jar there back or start hopping off the ground off the bumps,I have used for just about everything, fire wood ,gas, tubs, mostly for the stuff didn,t want to break, Eggs, beer, people.Main load was Her,purse, banket up front, than tub, and 5gal gas behind seat.Anything else Like propane tank, would put another sled and hook up to tail of it and pull two together,I have steep hill to deal with, when beaking trail up hill, that way i could drop one sled go up un hook go down bring that one up rehook be back on my way.