Thread: Pet 300 win mag loads

Default Pet 300 win mag loads

Anyone have any pet 300 win mag loads they wouldn't mind sharing? I prefer 200 grain swift A-frames or should I say my rifle does. It will shoot 1 inch or less at 100 all day using the factory Remington Safari grade 200 grain swift a-frames. They list a muzzle velocity of 2825fps. Seems a little high to me for 200 grains? Any idea what components they are using? I can't afford the 50.00 a box as much as I like to shoot so I'm going to reload. Any experiences with the 200grain triple shocks or accubonds? This is my hunt anything rifle hince the 200 grain bullets.

Default .300 Loads

I shoot a model 700PSS and have used the 200 grain Accubond bullets with 76 grains of Reloder 25. I estimated the cost at about seventy-three cents per round (not including brass), or $14.60 per box. This combination shot well but I have since decided to look for a different bullet. I think I too will try the Triple Shock. Iíve read good things about it and my buddy thinks highly of it.
    When I was originally looking for a bullet, I read good things about the Accubond but have since found more information suggesting that it may not have the penetration that I was looking for.
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Thumbs up 168 Barnes TSX

300 Win Mag

168 TSX
    IMR 4831 @ 76.0
    Fed 215 GM Primer
    FC Nickle Cases

3194 FPS
    Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by TMA View Post
    I shoot a model 700PSS and have used the 200 grain Accubond bullets with 76 grains of Reloder 25. I estimated the cost at about seventy-three cents per round (not including brass), or $14.60 per box. This combination shot well but I have since decided to look for a different bullet. I think I too will try the Triple Shock. Iíve read good things about it and my buddy thinks highly of it.
    When I was originally looking for a bullet, I read good things about the Accubond but have since found more information suggesting that it may not have the penetration that I was looking for.
    TMA
    Have you ever tried the Swift A-Frames? I have nothing bad to say about them. I have shot 1" groups at 200 yards with them thru my Ruger. The one I did recover weighted 197 grains if I remember right. The only draw back is the price. Around 50.00 a box. I wish I knew what powder Remington loads in their factory ammunition for the 200 swifts. That would give me a good starting point. The 180 grain triple shocks shoot well out of my gun too. I'm going to load some of them in 200 grain once I decide on a good recipe and see which one shoots best.