Thread: The cold weather and cabin precautions

Default The cold weather and cabin precautions

I saw this morning it was -56 in Galena what precautions do you normally take in your cabin when it is this cold?

Don't let the fire go out and lots of good reading.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

a deck or two of playing cards, and some poker chips are nice way to pass the time away, staying close to the fire...

What the others said, I would bring my generator inside, keep eye on propane tank, sometimes have to throw warmed dry towel over the reg, to get to work,there was another thread on the tricks to that..Also would watch for iceing up on the stove pipe cap.If i have to go out, watch for frostbite i always have two sets gloves one inside my jacket keep warm. Your just so bundled up,It hard to get anything done at those temps.everything just seems to slow down to a crawl,like slow motion,

Have a way of putting out a chimney fire, and keep you’re chimney clean.

Have a small building away from the cabin with emergency gear, food and a stove that you can stay at incase your cabin burns down.

I have 21,000 games of freecell played in a year and a half on my lap top, lol. ( I can win a game in under a minute now, ) I think that is a precaution.

Lock up the weapons when the Monopoly board comes out, lol. And use a styrofoam seat in the outhouse!
    "– Gas boats are bad enough, autos are an invention of the devil, and airplanes are worse." ~Allen Hasselborg