Thread: New halibut regs?

Default New halibut regs?

I was at the grandparents tonight and over hears something about 1 halibut per person and nothing between 35 and 45 inches or something like that, I tried to pay attention but grandpa was talking, you know who it is. anybody hear the whole thing and where this applies to? I looked on F&G but couldn't find anything
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by FurFishGame View Post
    I was at the grandparents tonight and over hears something about 1 halibut per person and nothing between 35 and 45 inches or something like that, I tried to pay attention but grandpa was talking, you know who it is. anybody hear the whole thing and where this applies to? I looked on F&G but couldn't find anything
    Depends on the area. THe IPHC just voted that there would be a slot limit in SE AK next year. Under 45 and over 68 if I recall, one fish per day from a charter boat. I don't know for sure, but I don't think it applies in other parts of the state. Good luck,

The reverse slot limit is just for 2c charter fishing clients. All unguided anglers in AK and guided in 3a will be at a 2 fish, any size for 2012.

thanks, what is 2C and 3a?
    Eccleasties 8:11 Because the sentence against an evil deed is not executed quickly, There for the hearts of the sons of men among them are given fully to do evil.

Management Units, look on the regs

2C = Southeast Alaska

3A = Central Gulf of Alaska, including areas accessed out of Valdez, Whittier, Seward, Homer, and Kodiak