Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group powder buy - Interested?

Default Group powder buy - Interested?

Need some powder? I am trying to put together a group buy from this company:

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/stylemenu.html

I only plan on ordering 8 pound jugs to keep the box size down which will lower freight cost. So far it looks like if I get one box with 6 jugs in it the total freight bill to Anchorage will run right around $21-22 per jug including hazmat, insurance, freight, etc. I need to stay in increments of "6" because that is how many fit into a box. If we can get an order for 12 the freight charge will come down to about $11 per jug. These figures are not in stone and subject to the final freight charges.

Not going to make a penny on this and you can see all the receipts when the powder arrives. I'll place an order on Monday before heading down to SCI if there is enough interest. Would expect the powder to be here within three weeks, maybe sooner.

No PM's. Post here as to what 8 pound jug you want. I'll foot the bill and you pick it up within 3 days of when it comes in as long as you are a member in good standing here. Exceptions being if you are fairly new here or if you promised to buy something from me before then stood me up then I want a check for your portion before placing the order.

When I did it back in 08 I tried to do the fit it into X boxes thing but because the jugs are shaped different by brand it didnt work. It didnt matter anyway though, they (Powder Valley) used 5 old boxes they had sitting around and made it work for the same price anyway. Hazmat fee covered a cretin weight of powder (not counting packaging weight) no matter how many boxes the order was. Powder Valley and Linden were both great to work with and ordering and shipping was an easer deal than I thought, getting the powder to the right guys was a bit harder than I thought.

If it works out to the cheaper rate Id be in for at least some 800X.

Id also like some Blue Dot but they only stock 5 ponders, no 8 pound and I don't know if that will work for you.

Then if a filler is needed to make shipping work I can always use some LilGun.

Here are the Powder Valley stock numbers Im looking at:
    800X, stock# IMR800X-08
    Blue Dot, stock# ALLBD-05
    LilGun, stock# HODLIL-08

You will want to get these stock numbers up front to reduce hassle, I had to track down a couple guys to figure out what they acutely wanted there are a lot of similar confusing powder choices.

Holler if you need anything, I ran 3 powder orders and a primer order back when it was hard to get the stuff so I've been there.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I didnt calculate the rate correctly if we ordered 7-12 jugs. The shipping rate for 7-12 jugs would be approximately $16 per jug.

Andy, 5 pound jugs of Blue Dot would be OK but the shipping would run the same as an 8 pounder. Carlile's rate quote is up to 150 pounds.

$16 per is fine with me, I'm in for the 8lb-800X and 5lb-Blue Dot then.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I would like 4-8# Varget (HODVARG-08)

John

Looks like we have enough to order at least 7 jugs. 5 more and we will have 12. After that it will have to bump up to 18 if more are interested.

John, since you are pretty new here will need the cash up front. 50% deposit would be fine with me. PM sent.

PM sent---

With the 2, 8 pound jugs of Ramshot I am ordering we are up to 8 containers so far. Need 4 more to get the slightly better price break of approximately $16 per jug.

Randy, I'd like an 8 pound jug of Win 231. #WIN231-08 *

Thanks for doing this!

John
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

9 down, 3 to go. If we get orders for 12 jugs I'll order before leaving for Vegas. If not will order it when I return.

Maybe I missed it. Where would we be picking this up from? I might be in for some varget
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ergoman View Post
    Maybe I missed it. Where would we be picking this up from? I might be in for some varget
    thanks
    Ordering it from Powder Valley. URL is in my opening statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ergoman View Post
    thanks
    It would be coming into Anchorage aria, I can get it to Palmer for you when I pick up mine if that helps.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Randy,

Put me down for 8lbs of Unique - ALLUNI-08 from PV's website.

Thanks

10 firm, 2 to go.

check is in the mail

If we don't get the last two we are either going to have to pay the slightly higher shipping charges (approx 21-22 per jug) or cancel the order.

I vote for paying the 21-22 but everyone needs to be on board for this so give me a yes or no guys. It's only another $6 or so.

Randy,

I will order at least 2 5/8 pound containers but am at work now and need to see what I have at home so will email in a couple of hours when I get home and check my inventory. I'll look for you at SCI.
    "Actions speak louder than words - 'nough said"

Looks like we have it and I bet more will jump in as they get back to their work computers tomarow.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    If we don't get the last two we are either going to have to pay the slightly higher shipping charges (approx 21-22 per jug) or cancel the order.

I vote for paying the 21-22 but everyone needs to be on board for this so give me a yes or no guys. It's only another $6 or so.
    Randy, with $22 shipping my order is just $17.50/pound, the last pound of Win 231 I bought was about $10 more. I'm still in.
    I may be slow, but I get where I'm going!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast