Thread: Deadshot FieldPod

Default Deadshot FieldPod

I was curious if anyone has tried the Caldwell Deadshot FieldPod. The nearly complete elimination of places to back a truck up, unload a table and chair to shoot has made me turn to using my wheeler to get further out. The problem has been trying to drag out a "bench" with it requires a meat trailer and makes it a major excursion just to go shoot a few rounds. I am hoping that the FieldPod and a camp stool will give me "near" bench type shooting in a much more mobile package. The goal is to be able to fit my Chrono w/ tripod, range bag, cleaning kit, Field Pod and the camp stool all in my rack box so that a "range trip" is as simple as just running the wheeler up into the bed of the truck and heading out.

Anyone tried one?

Well I never seen one but it looks slick and its made by a good outfit, I think it would work. Looks like you could make a sand bag to drape over the horizontal bars and get it more stable than he has it, say 15lbs on each side and a bunch of wiggle would go away. With your stool idea youd be able to get rear support off your knees I bet. Id bite I think, if it doesnt brake the bank.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

$99 through Cabelas last I checked. Not cheap per say but pretty reasonable.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

When you don't have something on which you can support your arms, as you would with a bench, I've found that you can shoot much more accurately if you can support your back.

I've done that with a bipod, the kind that isn't attached to the rifle, and carried along separately. You can even make one with two sticks/rods tied together at the top and a strap above to rest the rifle on. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

You can lean back on a tree, or anything that's solid.

Say, you're gonna pack this along with you on your Wheeler, and test your rifle's sight-in. you can plunk your hiney firmly into the soil, and lean back against one of the wheels. Just a suggestion.

This device may be an improvement over just a bipod type rest, I dunno, but you might try shooting sticks first.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

what Smitty says .... sort of - I've been using those shock corded shooting sticks for some years now and when you have time to deploy them I find it pretty darn impressive what I can do when using them, and having something to lean back into makes them that much better - I'm not sure about an apparatus such as the contraption pictured, at the range of in a prairie dog town they look alright but I sure wouldn't want to pack it around in my huntin' pack ...