Thread: Falcon Ridge

Default Falcon Ridge

I heard that Gary was closing up shop at Falcon Ridge. Anyone have any current info? I am getting a new DD and was planning to run out there in the spring. Thanks Duckdon

Gary is done!
    Members of ABDA are working with another rancher out that way to establish a bird hunting preserve. Memberships will be available individually and by association with some of the guns dog clubs and other organizations. Members of the associated organizations will get a reduced personal membership to the preserve. Not sure all details yet. They are currently working out some of the liability insurance issues. They're not sure how many birds to project/order so as not to have waste and winter hold overs. They are taking orders with half $ down for members of ABDA. They might take orders if individuals commit to a membership, which I understand will be less than Gary has charged in the past.

Burke Thanks for the respond. I talked with Gary yesterday. Like I said, I am getting a DD in Feburary which I will be keen on getting on birds this spring. Currently run a trained lab. I am in. Just need more details. Duckdon

Did Gary have any more details?
    You can look on the ABDA website and they may be sharing as they learn more. If you want to shoot me and email or PM in a few weeks I should be able to let you know more.
    Where are you located? We will be holding a Novice class in April again this year if you are interested. Plus I hope to be doing some weekly training this spring/summer...If the homing pigeons survive the winter I will have those available if you want to get together.

Did Gary finally sell the place, or is he just not going to raise the birds anymore. Be ashame to see the place go away perfect for the hunt tests and such.
    Jesse
    HR SHR JR's Gunny Dog "Ermey"
    SR JR's Marsh Mangling Mindy
    SR JR's LNR Thicket Thrashing Trixie

To the best of my knowledge he has not sold his property yet...it is on the market.
    He will not raise any more birds.

Wish someone in the Dleta area did something like this! I know someone did in the past.....
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans