Thread: Kotzebue and Caribou

Default Kotzebue and Caribou

A few friends and I are looking to book a self guided but supported caribou hunt this Sept. I have spoken with Ram Aviation out of Kotzebue a few times and they seem to want to make sure you have a great hunt. Has anybody had any experience with them or have other recomendations?

Never heard a complaint about mikes flying, hes quick on charters, but the animals and weather have a say sometimes too, Ram is just gonna be a transporter............remember that.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

did a caribou drop hunt with Ram last Sept., rented camping gear from them-pleanty of food, gear in good shape. Mike did a good job flying.

Thanks for the replies. Were you happy with your hunts?

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

I've flown with Mike on several occasions, and I'd do it again in a minute!!

I and 3 friends did a caribou hunt with Ram last Sept. The hunt was good for only a couple days as the caribou disappeared. We all got our bou, but nothing special. Sat around camp for a couple days waiting to get out due to wind and weather. Mike's flying was very safe. Overall a good hunt and as advertised. They handle a lot of hunters so be patient. As Stranger said; they are just a transporter.