Thread: Anzio Ironworks Take Down Lightweight 50 BMG

Default Anzio Ironworks Take Down Lightweight 50 BMG

Howdy,
    I was wondering if anyone has shot this set up or any Anzio for that matter? Also, if anyone knows of a used one for sale I am interested.
    -JR

Don’t know anything about these guns other than it sure don’t look as light as mine that tips the scales at 29 pounds naked, light is relative when your talking 50bmg. Oh, I do know that brake design they are using does work very well but you don‘t want to be anyplace but behind it.

Anyway, I spotted this ad and it looks like what you are after at a good price, it has a less effective but more spectator friendly brake on it though.
    http://alaskaslist.com/1/posts/9_Gen...on_50_BMG.html
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Looking at the Anzio website their 50 superlight tips the scale at 13.5lbs which sounds scary to shoot. The take down looks like a modified version of that model which probably weighs a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    Looking at the Anzio website their 50 superlight tips the scale at 13.5lbs which sounds scary to shoot. The take down looks like a modified version of that model which probably weighs a bit more.
    I don't see how that could be and if it is I wouldn't shoot it, not for fear of the recoil because the brake works great but for fear of it not holding together. There is a lot less to my Griffin bull pup single shot, the barrel alone is 22lbs, I see no way to safely ever get below 20 pounds for a 50bmg rifle unless it‘s all scandium type stuff. We made some 50bmg handguns that were bear bones, cut way down and were still in the 18 pound range. Adding a magazine and all that comes with doing that . . . I just don’t see it.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Yea I saw that.

“Lothar Walther 18" target barrel”
    Same Lothar Walther barrel as my 36” but cut down to 18, still aroind 11 pounds of steel in the barrel alone. Then why would you even want a 18” 50bmg, it won’t develop much velocity that short.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Noticed on there website that they export. Thought that was illegal on these type weapons.

I talked to the guys there and the 30" version is 21 lbs. I think it would be great to strap on the quad incase I see something of interest at a distance Pull it out of the case put her together and make it rain. The server on the boat I am on will not let me look at the alaska list gun but will check it out when I get back to the office.
    Thanks guys
    -JR

The one on Alaskaslist looks like it’s on an AR lower for $1700 OBO in Fairbanks.

There are a lot better options for what your described use than a 50 but they are fun.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona