Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rifle Drool!!!

Default New Rifle Drool!!!

With the way Kimber rolls stuff out I doubt it'll be within the next year or so, but still for $1600 I could probably be talked into one!!! Only 5 ounces less than my current Montana but dang it looks slick

http://www.americanrifleman.org/blog...ent-shot-show/

Hope they have more options than just that ugly camo!

Oh I think they do, its called Hunt_AK's duracoat shop at the first stop!!

The 280 AI is enticing. I agree though, not big on the camo. The removable muzzle break is a good touch, since I'm not a fan a brakes.

Wonder what the long action weighs....but you're right. <drool>
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

http://www.americanrifleman.org/arti...el-24b-review/

Another good looking rifle. Forbes model 24B

Yes, I'll be getting one in my favorite cartridge 30-06 Spr. I have a Kimber Montana 84L chambered in the same that I haven't even shot yet. Now that mission is accomplished and I'll be returning to the Great Land hopefully get enough range time to work up a good load for spring bear (providing I can stay back long enough).

I will swap this Montana for the Mountain Ascent in a heartbeat just to save the weight. My 84L weighs 5lbs 8.1oz
    any weight savings is worth it to me in favor of the Ascent. Besides I kinda like the Open Country Optifade camo of the Mountain Ascent.

No Forbes Rifle for me, I own a NULA and actually prefer the features of Kimber. TS

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

Lanche, you sticking with 308 or going to jump on the 280 Ackley bandwagon?? I should have some decent loads worked up by the time they actually roll out the new rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    I should have some decent loads worked up by the time they actually roll out the new rifles.
    You could likely actually build an ammo manufacturing factory before you see one... just sayin'.
    "I do not deal in hypotheticals. The world, as it is, is vexing enough..." Col. Stonehill, True Grit

Nope, staying with .308. Gotta like the option to bump to up 180 to 200 partitions if needed. Even if the 200 grainers are only going 2500 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    Nope, staying with .308. Gotta like the option to bump to up 180 to 200 partitions if needed. Even if the 200 grainers are only going 2500 fps.

Oh Come on.......You know we all gotta have Ackleys !!!...........................................LOL

Interesting that it's grey coated. Makes me wonder if it's not actually stainless under there.

Yk

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowknife View Post
    Interesting that it's grey coated. Makes me wonder if it's not actually stainless under there.

Yk
    The rifle is not stainless. Fail on Kimber's part.

For another $400 you can get a Bansner Alpine rifle. It's in a tough price point still.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Smith View Post
    I will swap this Montana for the Mountain Ascent in a heartbeat just to save the weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The rifle is not stainless. Fail on Kimber's part.
    The "not stainless" part is a deal breaker for me. I'll stay with the .280AI Montana, whenever it finally decides to show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighorse View Post
    For another $400 you can get a Bansner Alpine rifle. It's in a tough price point still.
    I agree... at $1600 you're a long way above a Tikka T3 Lite/Superlite or a used Montana and not all that far from a Bansners or other custom rifle.

It'll be interesting to see how many they produce and sell.

Whats the love affair with the .280??? I have a .308 too and to me the ballistics look pretty much the same.... I am a little slow so I maybe just dont get it yet... Too many winters in Fairbanks in the 90's maybe thats what it is...

Not stainless?? I'm hoping it's more than just some gray paint but wouldn't be supervised if that's all it was. The weight is amazing, but $1,600 for a Kimber rifle, no thank you. I don't make enough money to take a $1,600 bet on whether it will actually feed or shoot. I was reading some reviews of the new Solo pistol Kimber just released, problem after problem after problem. Rifles or pistols it seems like their QC is just to hit and miss.

Easy pass for me. If they are on the sale rack for $1,100, I still won't get one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    Whats the love affair with the .280??? I have a .308 too and to me the ballistics look pretty much the same.... I am a little slow so I maybe just dont get it yet... Too many winters in Fairbanks in the 90's maybe thats what it is...
    The 280 (or any 284 cal) will buck the wind better and retain higher velocity at longer ranges due to high BC bullets that are available to shoot and hunt with.

Matt,

Thanks for the reply I was just curious about it, I had seen an article one time that listed the worst calibers and the .280 was on that list... The list was for deer hunting rifles, and most guys here arent hunting deer.... Thanks again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast