Thread: Guns and Ammo in the big City

Default Guns and Ammo in the big City

I was wondering where I might find the cheapest ammo in Anchorage? I'm looking to buy some bulk .223, 45acp, and a couple hundred rounds of 45-70.

Also, is there any one place in Anchorage where a person can generally find the best deals on new firearms? Any places I should avoid?

Thanks.

Default Sportsmans warehouse....

for ammo. Don't know about firearms, I have a friend with an FFL who gets mine wholesale ).
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

AK shooters supply used to have pretty good prices on milsurp ammo, they've moved a few times, so I'm not sure where they are currently located, I think off of Bonniface just South of the Glenn.

There is no one place to find the best deals on guns, trust me I've looked. Sometimes the box stores have good prices, sometimes Mountain View Sports has a good sale, maybe Great Northern Guns, and don't forget Boondocks in Eagle River. Most of the time prices are within $20-40 of eachother, with an odball store with crazy high prices, often the box stores.

Default Guns and Ammo in the big city

I just got home after two days in Anchorage. I heard about a store called "The Ammo Can" on the corner of Arctic and Dimond. Didn't get to check it out, but will try to do so next week. Any opinion from you Anchorage boys?

I went to the place on Boniface. They got some good stuff in there, but the guys behind the counter aren't very nice in my opinion. I walked out before I got halfway through the store. I had nearly $300 budgeted for ammo, but I wouldn't give that place a nickel! Other's opinions may vary.

I also went to Turpin's gun store, corner of Turpin and Debarr, I think. They didn't have much in the way of the ammo that you are looking for, but did have a nice selection of used guns. I wanted to dicker on the price of an old 30-06, but the owner wasn't there at the time and he is the one I'd have to dicker with. Ed, the guy behind the counter, was as nice as could be. He even offered us doughnuts and coffee when we walked in. I'll try to get back in next week for another visit.

Default Another one to try....

is Gunrunners in Eagle River. That is where I bought my .223 ball ammo by the case a while back. They had the best price in town at the time. It is a little hole in the wall store off of Coronado rd. in Eagle River. Just North of Chepo's restaurant.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....