Thread: Draw question....

Default Draw question....

I searched on here and F&G and didnt find an answer.... So I put in for 3 different cow hunts for 2012 now they are looking at closing those cow hunts in 20B. SO if they close the hunts do I get my 15 bucks back or does it just go like you put in and didnt get picked and you never see it again? Its on thing to put in and not get drawn but to put in then they take the hunt away one would think you get your $$ back.

If you're referring to Board of Game actions, generally any changes that the Board makes to the regulations after the drawing permit application period has closed won't take effect until the following regulatory year. Changes made to drawing permits at the recent statewide meeting and the upcoming interior meeting will take place in the 2013-14 regulatory year.

If I am not mistaken up here the antlerless hunts are authorized by the advisory comitees? I think they are suppose to vote on it next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Bsj425 View Post
    If I am not mistaken up here the antlerless hunts are authorized by the advisory comitees? I think they are suppose to vote on it next month.
    You're right on that - the AC's do have veto power. I would assume that any such change would be deferred until 2013, but I could be wrong.

this is what I am referring to.

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story...ound-Fairbanks?

I was at the meeting and they made it sound like it would be in effect after the vote I could be wrong however.

From what I understand the AC does have veto power and can kill the antlerless hunts. This is why folks should go to the meetings and vote in people who reflect what they want to see done in regards to game management. If you don't agree the only one you can blame is yourself.

Yes you will get your money back. I put in the north slope grizzly the year it went to general harvest by bow. Took awhile, but I got the $5 back. Which is fine, but I could care less, I see the process as a donation anyways!