Thread: How NOT to shoot a revolver...

Default How NOT to shoot a revolver...

I came across the other day. The first thing I notice is his grip. I wonder....did someone show him to hang on to the cylinder like that or did he just figure it out for himself! I wonder if he blew off a finger tip or two before he took the faceshot

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

good thing that was "only" a 329...
    He might have got hurt otherwise

Chris

He would be dead in the snow with a .475 or .500!
    Do they REALLY take that many videos of stupidity?

Man, a whack to the head you can heal up from but he is darn lucky he didn't blow his finger tips off!

....and contrast that with this little gal shooting a 500 Linebaugh. Look at the grin on her face after the first shot. She gets right back at it for a few more, calm cool and collected...

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

ehh I like this one better.... description says S&W .500 but the cyclier looks small

http://youtu.be/yP17ipr8xxU?hd=1

She has a proper grip and control. Good for her.
    Notice the gun raised her arms and did not twist her wrists nor did it "roll."

I liked those. The guns were nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrshooter View Post
    She has a proper grip and control. Good for her.
    Notice the gun raised her arms and did not twist her wrists nor did it "roll."

Ya, and she looks relaxed and the recoil tips her back a little. She just rocks back forward naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Ya, and she looks relaxed and the recoil tips her back a little. She just rocks back forward naturally.
    So many years ago that I will not admit it, I let my wife shoot my flat top .44 with light loads. She done so well I slipped a few magnum loads in. After she shot, I asked her if she seen any difference. She said some were louder! Holding the gun right let her shoot heavy loads with no pain. I would never have done the heavy load thing if I thought she could not handle it, nobody shoots my larger guns if I see they will not handle them. Friends have refused to shoot my .475 and .500 JRH after watching me and I respect that. I would never hand one to a woman, yet they can surprise you. If they insist, they get instruction first on how to hold and shoot it. To date none have asked and I prefer that. I have had to instruct men and they do real well and have gone and bought their own large calibers.
    Now my one daughter was something else, a natural. I would hang a pop bottle in a tree at 75 yards, hand her a flintlock and she would blow it up off hand. She went on to shoot the highest score ever shot by a woman in the Marine Corpse, even out shot all the men. But I will never hand her a larger revolver then the .44.

I would not do it without some instruction in grip, stance, and control but I ProStaffed for Smith and Wesson before moving to AK and we have had hundreds of women (most of which were new shooters) at consumer shoots, shoot the 460's and 500's with no issues after a little instruction. I find its the men who "think"(incorrectly) that they know how to shoot because they have been doing it incorrectly for years, who have the most trouble shooting larger calibers.

in this case he is lucky it was just a 329PD, but one the range i prefer to shoot a 500 all day than shoot a few cylinders of hot 44mag loads in the 329.

just my $.02, worth what you paid for it
    Fin

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBull View Post
    I would not do it without some instruction in grip, stance, and control but I ProStaffed for Smith and Wesson before moving to AK and we have had hundreds of women (most of which were new shooters) at consumer shoots, shoot the 460's and 500's with no issues after a little instruction. I find its the men who "think"(incorrectly) that they know how to shoot because they have been doing it incorrectly for years, who have the most trouble shooting larger calibers.

in this case he is lucky it was just a 329PD, but one the range i prefer to shoot a 500 all day than shoot a few cylinders of hot 44mag loads in the 329.

just my $.02, worth what you paid for it
    Fin
    I agree 100%! I let my dainty 14 year old (at the time) nice from California shoot my 460V after my standard grip instruction. Then she proceeded to shoot up all my ammo, couldnít get enough and was getting dang good at 100 yards before I hid the last 5 rounds. Women tend to take instruction very well, we bull headed guys not so much.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

That was excruciating to watch.. I can't beleive he didn't end up with a lot of damage to his hand!!

The young lady shooting the 500L knew what she was doing...I don't even think that was her first time shooting it. You could even hear here smacking the steel plate.... the way she smiled, I would wager that it may have even been her revolver.