Thread: eskimo auger parts

Default eskimo auger parts

Can anyone tell me if there's a way to fix a VIPER ENGINE RECOIL ASSEMBLY without getting one from Eskimo
    mine broke and I have tried fixing it. But can't any help would be nice thanks

VIPER ENGINE RECOIL ASSEMBLY

Got a picture? What exactly happened ?
    Rope broke,spring came unwound,or???
    Is this the type where the spring is encased in plastic or can you access it to re wind it?
    A little more info would sure help.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

It's enclosed the hole thing came apart the spring came out will try and get a pic of it

http://www.geteskimo.com/

Might get it here. Although, I have been looking for a carburetor for my Eskimo with a Tecumseh for nearly a year to no avail at this or any website or repair shop. I took it to Craig at Homestead, and he couldn't fix it either. Says I need a carb but they've been on backorder for about two years. He said don't hold my breath. Anybody have a parts powerhead for an Eskimo Ardisan TC300? Need carb part #640231, or old part #632941.

Plastic, Plastic, Plastic! Thats how they make money on replcement parts. It is almost like you need to order extra parts and have them on hand in preperation for things to break. I have a Z-51 bought it 2010. I will need to replace my recoil assembly by the end of this ice year. Recoil spring is getting week. I already had to shorten the cord a bit to get the cord to retract back in. I figure to many tries at -30 or more jacked it up. Now I transport the power head in a milk crate inside the truck when it is that cold. Since then no problems getting it to retract. I noticed when I took it apart that there was bunch of heavy weight grease in it. I imagine that does not help to much when it is really cold out. Other than that is runs fine and lots of power.

Quote Originally Posted by matt c View Post
    It's enclosed the hole thing came apart the spring came out will try and get a pic of it
    I had that happen on a Jiffy of mine with a tecumseh engine. Went to a small engine repair place and bought a new one for around $20.
    I might have been able to fix it but for the price of a new one it really wasn't worth my time.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Quote Originally Posted by kasilofchrisn View Post
    I had that happen on a Jiffy of mine with a tecumseh engine. Went to a small engine repair place and bought a new one for around $20.
    I might have been able to fix it but for the price of a new one it really wasn't worth my time.
    A friend of mine broke his and we tore it apart to verify the cheap craftsmanship. The internal coil housing and guide was made of cheap plastic which had broken causing the pull cable to retract less and less each trip. I called around and found a replacement made by viper specifically for these models and it was cheap ($25) as stated above. The replacement coil has a metal guide and coil stopper and it has worked flawless ever since it had been replaced. The replacement part was well worth the small price of having to worry about problems at -30 degrees.

Anyone know of a small engine shop in Wasilla that would have parts like that

Quote Originally Posted by Bgarcher44 View Post
    A friend of mine broke his and we tore it apart to verify the cheap craftsmanship. The internal coil housing and guide was made of cheap plastic which had broken causing the pull cable to retract less and less each trip. I called around and found a replacement made by viper specifically for these models and it was cheap ($25) as stated above. The replacement coil has a metal guide and coil stopper and it has worked flawless ever since it had been replaced. The replacement part was well worth the small price of having to worry about problems at -30 degrees.
    Did you order it from Eskimo or did you get it locally here in Fairbanks? I would like to get one of those.