Thread: Brittnay spaniel's

Default Brittnay spaniel's

I know this is for training, but I have trying to find a place here in AK to buy Brittany's. If anyone can help me in locating some, I would be greatful. Thanks
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

Don't know anything about these folks...............

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breede...brittanys.html
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    I know this is for training, but I have trying to find a place here in AK to buy Brittany's. If anyone can help me in locating some, I would be greatful. Thanks
    Chat with Mr McCann about this. I don't know where he gets his dogs but I bet he knows where to find some darn good ones!
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...847-Jim-McCann

I think Jims dogs are out of California. I believe from here......

http://www.bretonkennels.com/

I could be wrong, so as LuJon said contacting him would be the best way to go.
    "If I could shoot a game bird and still not hurt it, the way I can take a trout on a fly and release it, I doubt if I would kill another one." George Bird Evans

Plenty of good Brittanys around Alaska, but I do not know of any good hunting stock "breeders". There might be an individual with an occasional litter...
    I do have a friend in Montana with great hunting brittanys. My Britt, Pie is from her kennel. She is limiting her breeding right now but worth a look http://truegritbrits.com/
    She may have started and trained dogs right now as well. If she doesn't have pups she knows who might have some. I have hunted and trialed with her and her dogs. They are well worth considering.

Sorry I'm late to the party. Well, the breeder responsible for several of my top Brittanys is 83 yoa and his wife is sick so he's no longer breeding dogs. My second choice would be Tana Kradolpher (sp) at True Grit Brits in Bozeman, but she recently told me she is no longer breeding Brittanys. None of this is good news for any of us. I'll be looking for another pup next year so I'm on the search as well for a top breeder. You might try Chiefs Brittanys in Texas, or go to Ronnie Smith Kennels and see what he might have.

I wish you great luck and ask that you keep us posted on your search. And FYI...the spaniel part of the name was dropped in the early '80s and changed to American Brittany, or just plain Brittany.

Regards,
    Jim

Default Brittany pup

I am getting what I think is the last pup from Tana Kradolfer at True Grits Brits. She has produced a lot of good dogs and knows who has those dogs and where the bloodlines came from. If she does not have what you want she can steer you in the right direction. I do believe she has some started and possibly fully trained dogs for sale. She will be in Hawaii next week, but give her a call or send an email...

Default New brittany Lil' Joe

Here is the pup that will be joining my family next summer from True Grit Brits in Montana. I cant get him till then because he was born with cleft palate and Tana Kradolfer spent a lot of blood, sweat and tears to save his life. He will be getting a final surgery when he turns one year old (July). I look forward to his arrival!MT (4).jpg

Good for you, Burke! Nice looking pup. I'll bet that pup will enjoy its life here in Alaska.

Best of luck! Wish I were getting another pup, but the kennel is full...according to the woman living in my home and releated by marriage.

Jim

Thanks Jim, Since I lost my Chessie, the natural rotation would have been another retriever to complete my ideal team (two pointers and one retriever) but the Brittany came available and knowing that True Grits may not breed again for a few years (I think she will breed again eventiually) I couldn't resist...plus I think I can work with my Griffon to create my waterfowl, sit in the blind type retriever.

Great looking pup!

Default Brittany pups available early May

Our female Brittany just had a litter (two days ago). They should be ready late April/early May. We own both the dam and the sire. They are proven hunters and are lucky enough t hunt all over the US (Kansas, Missouri, South Dakota, Alaska) so they know how to hunt pheasant, quail, grouse and ptarmagin.

If you're interested you can view more info (and pics) on the parents at http://www.britsandlabs.com
    I can also send you pedigree info for both dam and sire.

Default Planning a litter of puppies

I'm not sure what your time frame is for a puppy, but I am planning a litter later this year. My guestimate of timeline is Breeding late June to early Aug (only Mother Nature knows for sure!!), pups whelped in the Fall and ready for homes Late October to Early Dec (or so...)

My dogs are health tested. Sire is OFA Hips Excellent, Elbows, Cardiac, Patella all normal and has a CERF 2/11 and will re-CERF this summer. The Dam is OFA Hips Good, Elbows and Patella normal, and has a CERF 7/11. Cardiac and re-CERF in July.

My Male has been to hunting classes, but I haven't hunted over him myself. His Sire and Grandsire were both Dual Champions and personal hunting dogs. My Female has many personal hunting dogs in her pedigree.

I work with my dogs in several venues including, conformation shows, basic obedience, as well as tracking, and nosework. I enjoy doing fun things with the dogs even though I'm not a hunter myself.

I work hard to make sure the pups have the best start in life by providing HEALTHY parents, I work with pups while they are with me on basic socialization and some basic training. Pups will be evaluated for structure, temperament and hunting desire prior to being placed in their homes. A puppy with a strong foundation, who is healthy and with a stable temperament can do just about anything you ask of him!!

This will be my male's second litter and my female's first litter. I have a waiting list already started.

If you are interested in finding out more about my dogs, you are welcome to check out my website at:
    http://www.elainebartlett.com/plannedbreedings.html

I will be contacting u. I am very interested in one of your puppies. I would like to know the total price so I can plan on making sure I have the cash. Your puppies are adorable and My kids will love it. Thanks for letting me know.
    Hunt until you don't like it any more

(907)229-4789 Call them, they have a litter of Brittany's that should be ready to take home today. Not sure how many, if any are still available.