Thread: Early morning coyote kill

Default Early morning coyote kill

Got this guy just as it was getting light. He was on a moose kill. First blood of the new year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yote.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	56692

NIce job!!! What caliber rifle is that?

Nice! Did you call him in, or were you quietly stalking a known moose kill?

Gun is a Rem 700 22-250. I had the barrel cut down to 16in, I cut the stock down and refinished it. Perfect winter gun when wearing lots of layers. Under 6lbs with a 2 by 7 leupold scope. I hand load 50gr speer spizer SP with 36 grs imr-4320.

I was going to the kill to try calling, but he was already their. Shot was about 150 yds.

Good job SkwentnaMan, that's awesome.
    I like the rifle modifications you made, that's surely a nice one to tote around. What kind of velocity are you getting with that load if you don't mind me asking?

Well according to one of my reloading manual it says 3700 fps but that seems fast, and with that short barrel I dont know. I'm thinking 3500 fps?? No Idea though. I loaded some more with 38 grns of imr 4320 but havent shot them yet. I can get 3/4 in. MOA at 100 yards with my loads now. Thinking about putting a 4 by 12 scope on it. I have shot sitka deer with this gun and it does great, just have to pick and limit your shots. This gun is a pure joy to carry and shoot. I head shot 9 ptarmigan with it the other day using only 8 rounds.