Thread: What's your opinion on something like this for meat protection?

Default What's your opinion on something like this for meat protection?

Below is a link to ebay uk. I think that something like this, (cheaper would be good), would work quite well to protect quartered meat. I'd make it solid up top and mesh below so that the rain would not get on the meat but the air could still circulate. It would be light weight and not too bulky if sized for moose quarters. What's your opinion?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roesafe-Ga...item27b156a2fa

my opinion?
    bears would be undeterrred, and game bags are probably just as good for fly protection, and less cumbersome.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

The quarters inside the bag are against each other which will keep those areas wet and speeding spoilage, I really like how game bags work for me. Also, those roe deer in the example are considerably smaller than an Alaska/Yukon moose, my bet is you would need 1 of those rigs per moose quarter. I just looked again, the strap supports up to 110lbs. Be happy with good game bags .

Might be slick for caribou where there isn't anything to hang meat from. The quarters should fit and a stick could be used to keep them apart. Don't know that it offers much over game bags and a willow bush beyond perhaps being a bit easier to tarp if needed.

After at looking at the pic, it might work well for hares and such, but there are "easier" ways to hang and protect moose, caribou, etc...
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.