Thread: Yetena River Poker Run

Default Yetena River Poker Run

There is a Poker Run this upcoming weekend, 27, 28, 29 Jan, out on the Yetena River. I am not sure of all the stops but I do know the finish is Shell Lake.

Anyone interested in making a one day ride let me know. It will be about a 200 mile round trip. I buy fuel and do lunch along the route. Also if the weather is good we can go play out in the fresh stuff.

If you want to go for the 1st time or looking for a partner to ride along with, post here. You need to be a strong average rider. I am sure someone that has travelled with me in the past will post up what that means. One last disclaimer.....please let me know if you are travelling with me if you have ANY under lying medical conditions that may need attention during the ride. Just had

We should all spend the night in Skwentna and head up to Bucks cabin This whole poker run thing might just stop my developing plan to get to his place since I doubt any rooms will be available this weekend.

Just commented on the other thread. If I was confident I could get to the cabin 100% and stay there the room issue would be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    We should all spend the night in Skwentna and head up to Bucks cabin This whole poker run thing might just stop my developing plan to get to his place since I doubt any rooms will be available this weekend.
    Keep planning as many times the 1st run of the season many folks do not make the run as the weather tends to "COLD" but it may not be where you want to stay exactly.

I just talked with my daughter and as long as her shoulder is better she said she would go.

Are you talking about Bucks cabin on the Big Bend? If so, he doesn't own it anymore.

This is a different cabin located several miles off the river. Unfortunately work has me traveling much of the next month so I won't be able to get out there. Hopefully Doug can find a couple adventuresome folks to head out with and get it taken care of. My sled is probably going to be sitting till march.

Quote Originally Posted by akmommy View Post
    Are you talking about Bucks cabin on the Big Bend? If so, he doesn't own it anymore.
    Different Buck.