Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Hunting Recap ...

Default 2011 Hunting Recap ...

Attached is a link to my Hunting video for 2011. It has clips and picts from my Chamois, Brown Bear, Sheep, Moose, Caribou, Grizzly, Mt. Goat, Blacktail & Whitetail hunts and some fishing picts .. busy year!
    -JR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emy9J1POE_c

Nice recap of what looked to be a pretty mediocre season. just kiddin'

Congrats on a your success last year! Thanks for the vid, even if it did have a little country music in it.

Thanks... Last year will be hard to beat. Looking forwards to Feb 17th to see what I got drawn for though.
    -JR

Wow, what fun and great memories
    thanks

Sweepint
    Wasilla, (when not overseas)
    '' Livn' The Dream ''
    26' Hewescraft Cuddy, twin 115 Yam

Great slideshow! Looks like you guys made some good memories. I am really ichin to get back into hunting again this year.

I think we all are... I am in New Zealand right now but just cant justify shooting a Tahr in a summer coat...

Wow!! What a great 2011 you had. How can one top that. Nice to be able to share the hunt with father. Great times for sure.

Great Job!! Thanks for sharing, Was that a Gopro you used on the 4 wheeler?

great video looks like you had some great times with your family and friends

Great video recap! I love years when you look back on them and say "Will I ever be able to beat that?". Makes a new challenge! Thanks for sharing!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Great video and outstanding season... thank you for sharing...

One heck of a year!

Really enjoyed that! That picture on Kodiak with goats n deer n bear is too cool.
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

First off congratulations, what an outstanding year, it sure looks like you had a year that took some diligent saving and planning.

I do have a question in mind that I hope will lead to a discussion (not an argument) and that is, does anyone ever buy into the cliché, of too much of a good thing...

I am not saying I don't agree with what Mr. Gilliland440 accomplished for the year rather it seems that a great deal of his success was had with multiple hunting partners and family (something I look forward to in the future). I also admit to having year/s where I killed much more than a person probably ought to (food, experience, entertainment, etc.). It's just that I read and learn a great deal on this site, and sometimes people are taking a half dozen to a dozen animals a year. Again, no judgment at all, a person should make their own decisions based on their own or their families' needs and desires.

This topic has been bouncing around in my head for a while and I figured I would go ahead and see if I could get other hunters' opinions, so is there such a thing as a trophy glutton? And if so, what would be your definition?

Quote Originally Posted by nomeite64 View Post
    First off congratulations, what an outstanding year, it sure looks like you had a year that took some diligent saving and planning.

I do have a question in mind that I hope will lead to a discussion (not an argument) and that is, does anyone ever buy into the cliché, of too much of a good thing...

I am not saying I don't agree with what Mr. Gilliland440 accomplished for the year rather it seems that a great deal of his success was had with multiple hunting partners and family (something I look forward to in the future). I also admit to having year/s where I killed much more than a person probably ought to (food, experience, entertainment, etc.). It's just that I read and learn a great deal on this site, and sometimes people are taking a half dozen to a dozen animals a year. Again, no judgment at all, a person should make their own decisions based on their own or their families' needs and desires.

This topic has been bouncing around in my head for a while and I figured I would go ahead and see if I could get other hunters' opinions, so is there such a thing as a trophy glutton? And if so, what would be your definition?
    Don't hijack the the thread. If you have topic for discussion open up a new thread.

Congrats on a heck of a season man!!! That's pretty a pretty good year to say the least. Thanks for sharing and putting the video together!!

Will do. I should have done that from the start.

Thanks for sharing Mr. Gilliland440

Quote Originally Posted by HuntNBgame View Post
    Great Job!! Thanks for sharing, Was that a Gopro you used on the 4 wheeler?
    Yes I do use a gopro HD Hero1. I might get a Hero2 to shoot other angles at the same time .. mainly for packrafting and motor sports and less for hunting. I have some good packraft, jetboat and other videos you can check out too on Youtube. Here is the link to my entire youtube page
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Gilliland440/videos
    -JR

I enjoyed your video too. Way to get after it!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by gilliland440 View Post
    attached is a link to my hunting video for 2011. It has clips and picts from my chamois, brown bear, sheep, moose, caribou, grizzly, mt. Goat, blacktail & whitetail hunts and some fishing picts .. Busy year!
    -jr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emy9j1poe_c
    simply! Outstanding!
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast