Thread: Summers progress

Default Summers progress

T111 on the cabin, shed and outhouse. Still need to batt and board the gable ends and trim exterior. Need a metal roof on shed too. I put padding and carpet in the loft of cabin and a queen mattress for the kids. The pine tongue and groove received another coat of polyurathane. Laid down lanoleum new base cabinets and a wall cabinet countertop. Put a litlle pantry cabinet and a futon, no more cot. Put a deck on the cabin. The cabin is 10x12, the shed is 8x10 and outhouse is 4x6, and my other cabin will be a 24x24.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lookin good. Is it a fishing cabin or what?
    What are you running for heat and lights? What part of the world is it in?
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

The cabinet and futon.

Very nice what type of stain are you using on the T1-11?

Bear log home cedar glossy. Home Depot. Inside on tongue and groove is Varathane polyurathane clear gloss. This is the foundation for 24x24 cabin. Had a peice of equipment open trench and I put in R&R ties vertically as well as inbetween. This is my get the hell out of Anchorage cabin.

Nice job, here is our get the hell out of Anchorage setup.....Outhouse, tool shed and woodshed were added later.
    Last edited by keh; 01-24-2012 at 10:48. Reason: double pix

Hey Akatvn, where'd you get that grill? I could put one of those to good use out at our cabin.

My cousin made it on the slope, all stainless. Rises up and down pole as well as swings side to side. We always cook on it. I have seen something like it at Sportsman Wharehouse. Told him to patent the idea everyone who sees it wants one. Ive had this one for 8 years now

Putting the garage level together.

Will use the underside for storing 4 wheelers and tools and riding gear. The trucks will park out front on property in driveway. I only wanted to look out and see wheelers or snowmachines. 10 acres of paradise between Montana and Sheep creek. Trail access only in summer for piickup, snowmachine in winter.

Walls up on second floor. Need to frame bedroom kitchen and loft gale ends and ridge still. alot of work to go

Kind of a nice "idea" building off those 6x6? off the ground. All I can say tho is I hope they don't heave all over the place on you. You may get lucky if your ground has a lot of gravel under it with a lot less soil. Even then, if it does heave, maybe it'll all heave the same. Ya just never know.
    Good luck....looks great and enjoy...!!!
    Sheep hunting...... the pain goes away, but the stupidity remains...!!!

The lower half is all r/r ties. I put the 6x6 vetical and strapped them. Established floor height off of those. Framed the lower section and floor joists last year. This summer we sheated the lower half and framed the upper half. Need to do the loft, gables and roof. will be back out there next weekend to continue. Im sure it will move over time for most do. the top was scraped years ago about 4 feet off to good gravel. Had a peice of equipment open up trenches placed r/r ties vertically. It sat for a couple of years like that. I also had a waste water well put in then too. 4 4x8 sheets burried, backfilled with rocks for 3 feet, put pipe in then backfilled the rest with rocks. The ground there is solid. Should have done cement blocks right on top of pad. But got to do what I have to work with. Thats all any of us can do. Thanks for looking will keep posting further progress.