Thread: Swap Hunts

Default Swap Hunts

Hi Guys/Girls

New to Forum and just wondering if there is a swap hunt section? I'm located in Australia and am keen to experience what Alaska has to offer, which is at the other end of the scale to what we have here.

Thanks

GSM

Its illegal to do that here unless your are a guide
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

What Amigo is saying is that there are two problems.

1) All non-resident aliens require a registered big game guide to hunt all big game species in Alaska.

2) Trading hunts is a grey area best not discussed in the open on the internet. Alaska laws says that to receive compensation for a hunt you must be a registered guide also. Trading a hunt could be construed as compensation. I am no lawyer, but I wouldn't want to test the matter.

Oh boy you had to open that can of worms again!

What everyone is saying is you can swap hunts with a guide in Alaska but nobody else. Maybe this forum should start a swap hunt section just for this? Guides do swap hunts with other guides and people that can do things for them like film hunts and produce dvd's.
    http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...0junk/reag.jpg

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Before taking any of my advice for granted on here research the legal ramifications thoroughly I am not the Troopers nor am I the Judge that will be presiding over your case/hearing. Please read the hunting and sportfishing regulations and feel free to interpret their meaning on your own.

I could trade you some moose meat for a hunt in Australia.

As long as you don't want firewood ;-)

I'm sure guide Corey Rossi would have a few black bear hunts to trade.

Kidding aside, it'll have to be with a guide that you trade. Start by googling the type of animal you want to hunt, find a guide, and e-mail him/her. Good luck! Pretty easy they do it alot.
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Quote Originally Posted by GSM View Post
    I'm located in Australia and am keen to experience what Alaska has to offer, which is at the other end of the scale to what we have here.
    I certainly is. We don't have donkey cull hunting up here like you do down there. Hard to imagine shooting a few hundred rounds in a week killing more feral critters than I can shake a stick at.